“Overpriced, Overvalued, Cafeteria Food!”
Review of Hensley Catfish Barn - CLOSED

Hensley Catfish Barn
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 3, 2013

All I heard all week long, was that I had to eat the great food, the catfish signature dish, that this establishment is known for. We headed over saturday night, after a tough week at work, we even skipped lunch, so that it would be a full blown pig out. What a overpriced disappointment. The food was average at best, no taste, bland and all I found palatable was the vegetables, sweet potatoes. The fish was undercooked, chicken dry, pork fatty and the deserts were flat and bland. I am still mad that I paid $14.95, plus the drink and walked out hungry. Obviously not alot of choices here, but save yourself and don't make the same mistakes we did!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Other reviewers have listed some of the many choices offered on the bars, but my favorites include the fried chicken, the brown beans, and the peach cobbler. The food is decent and filling, and this is a great choice if you have several big or picky eaters in your group. The dining area is big and open, so don't expect privacy or much ambiance. The only decorations are a few old farm implements, trophy animals, and a few works of art by local artists. The waitstaff are mainly teenagers in matching t-shirts, but they do a good job of keeping the drinks full and all the staff seem friendly. This is a great place for group gatherings because they can easily accommodate the crowds. I never pass up an offer to meet and eat at Hensley's.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The buffet is awesome,everything was fresh,Fish.shrimp,chicken,home style vegetables,homemade sauces and desserts.HOMEMADE BANANA PUDDING the real deal no can dessert here.Got to love the south

1  Thank Travelgrl2008
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is the place if you are really hungry and looking for catfish. Or chicken, shrimp, froglegs and a lot more. This place serves hundreds every weekend and I doubt anyone goes away hungry. There are so many choices, big salad bar, lots of veggies, and desserts that are hard to resist even if you are stuffed. My favorite is the bananna pudding. Reasonably priced about $12 plus drink for all you can eat. Also have crab legs for $10 more if you want. I think they are closed on Mon-Tues-Wed.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

If you are in the mood for large quantities of fried food, this is the place to go. The $11.95 all you can eat buffet is a bargain. The boiled shrimp was good and the numerous fried selections satisfying. We went with a group of 10 on a busy Saturday night and this big place had no difficulty seating us. We enjoyed indulging!