“Loved it”

Mack's Fish & Steak House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We tried a couple times to eat here but always seemed to be running late when we would arrive, like most things in Heber Springs they close a little early for us, but it was well worth it. Friendly service, good food, and seams like a local favorite among the area. Nothing fancy, not bad priced, they will make you feel welcome.

There are newer reviews for Mack's Fish & Steak House

Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you are in the Heber Springs area you may want to check Mack’s Catfish and Steak House.

They start you out with a basket of hush puppies and an invite to help yourself to all the pinto beans, cole slaw, and tomato relish you care to eat. All three are excellent I might mention.

Varied menu with something for just about everyone. There were five at my table and we made five different choices. Everything was very good. The catfish was excellent . Everyone was completely satisfied. You can choose between several different sides including French fries, Texas toothpicks (battered and fried jalapeño slices)

Although I didn’t try the desert the showcase full of cakes looked delicious.

Hats off to the wait staff. Very friendly and eager to please. Service was excellent and timely.

They even bring you a cookie of your choice at the end of the meal.

1  Thank jamestown1726
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The waitress we had got mad when my mother comPlained that her catfish was greasy (she had broiled) and even though my mother couldn't eat it she was told she had to pay for it because the cook in the kitchen said it was fine. We were tiold there was no manager on site so there was nothing she could do. Our meal was over $50 because I had to order another entree for my mother so we had to pay for 3 dinners for the two of us. I would never recommend a restaurant that woukd treat an 87 year old woman this way. My mother cried as the waitress made her feel so bad for saying anything. My mother's fish was swimming in butter with tons of seasoning salt all over it and tasted horrible!

6  Thank sfran48
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Stopped her for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Very clean restaurant and friendly wait-staff. Prompt seating. Great, well-priced lunch offerings. Wide variety. I ordered the grilled chicken salad without crutons and came out good... hard to mess up a salad though right? They offer complimentary hushpuppies, beans, and coleslaw after you order. Food was a little slow but it was probably the busiest restaurant in town at the time so to be expected.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The food was very good and it is kid friendly. The kid's menu has a good selection and the warm cookies at the end of the meal are wonderful. If you visit Greers Ferry Lake, keep this place in mind. There is plenty of boat parking, so it's great for lake visitors.