“My son's wedding”
Review of Red Apple Inn

Red Apple Inn
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Heber Springs
Cuisines: American
Description: We are a full service restaurant serving an eclectic mix of American and some ethnic foods. The restaurant overlooks beautiful Greers Ferry Lake. We also have a separate menu for the bar.
Reviewed February 5, 2013

My new daughter in law grew up in Heber Springs and she picked The Red Apple Inn for the reception. My family is from New Orleans and we had no idea what it was going to be like. I was so impressed with the beautiful view and how nice and helpful the staff was. The food was great and the reception was perfect!!! I will go back!

3  Thank Monica O

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Food great, service got a little slow Sat. night when they got real busy. Favorite breakfast was blueberry waffle with sausage. Husband said 3 egg omelet delicious. Dinner pricey but delicious. Both meals were included in our package.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Little outdated but had the tucked away feel from the beaten path resturant and bar on site which was nice for keeping my belly happy after spending a day on the golf course and beach.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The company I was visiting took us out for dinner here as you must be a member or guest to dine in. The view is very nice from the dining room. Excellent service (bus boy was soo on it! I never had to even ask for a drink refill). The food was just okay.. Probably because I altered my selections based on an allergy. I ordered a plain grilled salmon that was very average... They forgot my asparagus and pretty sure you cant mess up a baked potato so that was fine. I think if you order as-is you might have better luck! Appetizers and desserts, although I didn't have any, seemed to be most popular amongst the group. The host paid the bill and it's on the higher side for the area but to be expected at a private club.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I just recently went to Red Apple Inn for my best friend's wedding. The grounds were beautiful, but the customer service...not so much. 1) The night before the wedding, one of the managers, David, called and said that the tables in the Gate Room were not going to fit where the bride and groom wanted them. It ended up that the tables fit perfectly. Needless to say, the manager left that night before the bride and groom could get there, leaving them to think that he didn't know how to do his job. 2) During the wedding reception, I had to ask for a diet Coke four times before the best man got one for me. The bride's stepfather kept having to get up and go to the kitchen to get drinks because no one was really waiting on any of us. 3) When it came to the cake cutting, no one who worked at the Red Apple was available. (Actually, none of the managers [David, Margie, and there was one more who was mentioned, but the name escapes me] were actually there to make sure that the wedding was perfect for my best friend.) The bride's mother and I had to cut the cake and the groom's mother lost it because the Red Apple charged them for it, even though there was no one there to cut the cake. 4) The bride and Groom requested that the outside area be freed of tree limbs, leaves, et cetera. None of it was picked up. 5) I actually requested that a specific table to be covered to hide the nasty left over food and candle wax so that gifts could be placed on it. I had to ask more than once. 6) The bride's stepfather and I had to ask more than once to change the water goblets on the table, as they were filthy (they had fingerprints all over them as well as leftover food bits and lip prints). 7) The table linens were filthy, and we had to ask more than once to have them changed. Also, the table linens were not steamed or ironed before the reception and it looked tacky. 8) I don't know his name, but the guy "in charge" the night of the wedding seemed inexperienced and dumb-founded that we kept asking him questions.
In my opinion, the bride, groom, father of the bride, maid of honor, mother of the bride, anyone, should not have to ask for simple requests about changing water goblets that were filthy and to change the table linens. Weddings are suppose to be perfect (at least to my standards) and this place did not have even the basics down.

1  Thank Amber P
sitruc999, General Manager at Red Apple Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

This review was written by a member of the wedding who was not involved with any of the planning other than directing us the day of the event. Many things she stated are actually false, but I won't take this site to address all the issues. I was personally involved with pressing each table cloth, polishing all the glasses and silverware and was at the Inn (as well as another manager) the night of the wedding. We provided the Bride and Groom with a lovely wedding and reception and wish them many years of happiness. The Inn has hosted hundreds of weddings with glowing reviews and NEVER had any complaints in how we handled the events.