“great weekend getaway!”
Review of The Abbe House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Heber Springs
The Abbe House Inn
Bartlett, Tennessee, United States
“great weekend getaway!”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

very nice place to stay, friendly owners,good food. Would recommend!

Room Tip: blue room has a nice personal front and back porch.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I was working in the area for 2 weeks. I heard from another business person of the ABBE. Left the Holiday Inn to try it. Stayed the 2 weeks then returned again for 2 weeks. Great poeple great food, &met many interesting people who also loved the ABBE. Thanks Mark, Albert, Bonnie.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The Abbe house is a very good place to go to if you want to go for a nice get away the people there are very nice and when you walk in its like walking in to your new home you are welcome with warm arms and your treated very well when I get ready for a nice get away again I will go back there thanks Mark Tiffany and mom and dad y'all were awsome

• Stayed February 2012
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I was put up in the Abbe House for the first two weeks of August while I was in Heber Springs for a job, and I like everything about it.

The Service:

An elderly couple deals with the day to day operation of the place, while their son serves as the chef. During my entire stay, they were as nice as could be, eagerly complying with my (reasonable) requests. The chef was as friendly and energetic as his food was good, entertaining us throughout the meal, but tactful enough not to overdo it.

The Location:

Beautiful. Gorgeous. Located between a golf course and the Little Red River, the 8-acre lot was well manicured, with plenty of foliage. The fauna seemed to agree, as I saw the same 4 to 5 deer grazing in one corner almost every evening.

The Food:

The food was top notch. Breakfast consisted of yogurt, eggs, bacon/sausage, toast, fruit, coffee, milk, and oranje juice, and was freshly prepared for me personsonally each morning. Dinner ranged from steak to pasta to fried catfish, and it was all delicious. Easily the best food in Heber Springs.

The Room:

I stayed in the Spring Room, and it was well furnished with a queen-sized bed, two armchairs, shower/bath/whirlpool combo, and some other miscellaneous trappings. My room was kept at a chilly 71 degrees, which was perfect for me. Some of the other rooms have their own thermostat, allowing the guest to change the temperature to suit their needs.

Complaints/Comments:

I have two complaints, and one comment. The first complaint is that there was no ceiling fan in any of the rooms, and I know I am not the only person that likes the air moving, regardless of the thermostat temperature. The second complaint is that Sunday night's dinner is take-out pizza, which is a significant drop in quality compared to the other 6 nights a week. However, this is done so that the chef can have a night off, so maybe this is more of a comment. The final comment is that the food was so good, I gained 9 pounds during my stay because I had a hard time saying no to seconds (or thirds).

In closing, bring your own fan, go out to eat on Sunday, and practice portion control. Otherwise, the Abbe House is THE place to stay in Arkansas.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Gray S
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed August 15, 2011

High School Class Reunion:

The food was wonderful. Tables set up on the shaded patio overlooking nice landscape.
Chief Mark really knows how to prepare and plate great food. We had the Tenderloin, creamed potatoes,with Asian Green Beans (from Marks garden). Dessert was warm brownies and ice cream.

Breakfast started with fresh coffee, juice and melon. The main course had farm fresh eggs (over easy) sausage, biscuts and gravy!

Mark made his way around, joked with us and made it a wonderful experience.

The accomodations were wonderful! Peaceful and private!

Mack Hutchison
Little Rock, Arkansas

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mack H
College Station, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2011

My coworkers and I took a side trip to Heber Springs while traveling for business and we couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. We were tired when we arrived but we were greeted enthusiastically by Mark and suddenly were re-energized. The rooms were beautiful, all themed differently and all with Jacuzzi tubs. The house itself is just beautiful and set up not only as a B&B but also as an event location. Weddings and special occasions seem ideal. Mark is a phenomenal chef. Before we arrived, he called and inquired about dietary restrictions and informed us dinner would be served at 6:30. He indulged us by allowing us to watch some of the meal prep and made each of us feel a part of it. We intended to stay only one night but ended up staying two because of the hospitality and sheer peacefulness. We went to the river that is just down the road and again, the setting is just gorgeous! I'm taking my friend back at the end of the month as a birthday gift - It was just that great! Thanks Mark and family for making our stay so memorable and fun!

Room Tip: The Angler Room is the largest and very comfortable. It also has a 50 gallon Jacuzzi tub for the ul...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank debbiebarnhill
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Abbe House in Heber Springs last year for our 2nd Anniversary. We had no idea what to expect, were a little nervous, but VERY excited to see what Abbe House had to offer. We were not disappointed at all, every aspect of our trip was enjoyable! We had never stayed at a B&B before, but we are pretty private people- we were worried we would be made to mingle with other guests etc... or that we might be bothered by staff in some way (we've probably seen too many movies)- This was NEVER the case. We had so much privacy- but the moment we had a need or want, someone was there to kindly and quickly assist us.

We stayed in the Jade room, which we loved. It's a simple, decent size room, set apart from the main house a tiny bit for some extra privacy :) which was perfect. We spent much of our trip in the large, comfy, tub. It was romantic and peaceful. Our room was clean and smelled fresh.

We had dinner one night at the Inn, Mark cooked for us, and it was absolutely devine. I had read glowing reviews about the food, and it didn't disappoint. Our steak and go withs were cooked to perfection, it was gormet and fabulous from start to finish. My hubby isn't much of a breakfast eater, but I enjoyed the huge, hot breakfast one morning....it was delightful, and the hot fresh (tasty) coffee, kept on coming!

We are staying at Abbe House for our 3rd Anniversary in just a few weeks and we are beyond excited. I've even hired a local professional photographer to take our pictures on their gorgeous front lawn.

Counting down the days!!

#1 of 2 in Fairfield Bay
Budget Inn Heber Springs
Budget Inn Heber Springs
#6 of 7 in Heber Springs

Been to The Abbe House Inn? Share your experiences!