“Great hotel. Will be better with renovations.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Apple Inn and Country Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Heber Springs
Red Apple Inn and Country Club
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Heber Springs
“Great hotel. Will be better with renovations.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful property. They have both hotel rooms and cabin like single units. I think most of the pics posted here belong the single units. The hotel room I stayed was renovated. New furniture and paint with rustic design. Loved them.

The restaurant was very nice. Food was excellent. Service was very good too.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Khanx66
sitruc999, General Manager at Red Apple Inn and Country Club, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. You will be glad to know the first phase or our renovation is complete and the granite installed. We are getting rave reviews on the new rooms and glad you liked them as well. We will begin the second phase of room renovation in December.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our room was lovely...linins very nice and bed super comfy. The bathroom renovation was not complete but will be nice when granite vanity top is installed. Service was good and food was ok. I had BBQ shrimp that were oddly sweet and not spicey at all. The pancakes were great!!!!

Room Tip: we loved room 200.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank westpointborn
Thank you for your review. You will be glad to know the Granite has been installed and we will begin the second phase of room renovations in December. I'm sorry you weren't pleased with the BBQ Shrimp. We use Emeril's verison which is not the traditional spicy/black pepper version you might find in New Orleans. While it is a very popular dish for us, it isn't everyone's taste.
Helena, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Red Apple for a staff retreat. I was given one of the updated rooms and loved it..I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant and bar were excellent and the views if the lake were beautiful. Great place for an office retreat.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We are the perfect location for office retreats of any size. We are also about to begin the second phase of room renovations so you need to make a return visit and see our progress.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've been to Red Apple several times. The food is very good, a little pricey but good. The rooms are outdated but they are working on remodeling. The views are very nice and so are the staff members. When you call to make reservations, ask for Rhenetta! If you visit in the summer time, you have Greers Ferry Lake to play in, 4th of July fireworks, Cardboard boat races at the end of July. Spring time is the Springfest. Be sure to climb Sugar Loaf Moutain! Always a favorite of mine. Red Apple is very pretty around Christmas time. They have Christmas lights up in the parking lot. Very pretty. You can have your wedding and or wedding reception there. Red Apple is on a golf course. They have a exercise gym (small) and a pool! Besides the rooms being outdated, I would say it's a overall pretty good experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bprice256
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family would come here for weekend vacations in the summer since I was about 8 or 9 years old. We always had such a great time! Just the beautiful atmosphere and environment is so relaxing its like being in another world. The scenery, views of the lake, golfcourse and the Inn are so beautiful. We would always spend Saturday on the lake and eat at the Inn on Saturday night. The food is wonderful. We would always order the prime rib, medium rare, I have still to this day never found a place with better prime rib. We usually stayed in the rooms in the Inn, most of the time a suite with a fireplace and my brother and I would sleep in one room and my parents the other. A couple of times we did rent a condo when we started taking friends with us.The condos are fully furnished with everything you need and the size of my house. One of me and my brothers favorite things to do when we were little was to feed the racoons right off the back deck! We would save our leftovers from the restaraunt and the racoons would come right up to you and take the food from your hand. They do not act wild, or try to bite or anything, they are not scared at all, I guess they are just use to it. The last time I went with my family was my first couple years out of college, I was probably about 24 or 25. Then we just stopped taking trips since my brother and i grew up and moved out. But now I have a 2 year old daughter and my brother and his wife have a 3 month old and we planned our first trip back with my parents. We rented a 3 bedroom condo and I am so excited to go back. Such great memories and I cant wait to make more!

Room Tip: We would always get connected rooms, me and my brother in one room, and my parents in another. We ha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Deep South
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just got back from my third two-night stay in the past three years. Wonderful people. The rooms are a bit dated, but they're being renovated right now. The service is second to none. These people are just plain nice to deal with -- I can't imagine anyone being nicer. The restaurant is very good, but it's also a bit pricey. The golf course is really a lot of fun. Not the most plush course in the world, but a really good variety of holes that are kept in excellent condition. I'm already looking forward to next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Reading these reviews one could be misled into thinking that this is a terribly run down place. That is not the case. We visited for a weekend to attend a meeting and am glad I did. Friendly staff. Beautiful dining room with an unbelievable view of the lake. Good food and drink. Great views. A short walk to the lake. The only thing that could be improved was the bathroom was quite outdated. I understand that they are in the process of renovating the rooms. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
#7 of 7 in Heber Springs
Lake and River Inn
Lake and River Inn
#6 of 7 in Heber Springs

Been to Red Apple Inn and Country Club? Share your experiences!