“ice storm hospitality”

Super 8 Hazen
Super 8 Hazen
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hazen
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am an over the road Truck Driver. During the recent ice storm on 1/15/13, I was broke down for approximately 12 hours. When I finally was towed in and they took me to the hotel, it was 3:30 am. They had no rooms available. They were kind enough to let me stay in the lobby. I was sitting on the couch and trying to get a bit of rest. The owners set up a roll away bed in the linen room for me. I was so thankful for this. I had been waiting in the truck without any heat and was unable to sleep. I was so sore and tired and it was so good to lay in a warm bed. They also gave me a free breakfast and when I offered to pay them, they refused. It restored my faith in humanity to know that there are such kind people in this day and age. They were friendly and their hospitality will never be forgotten.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Byron J
General_Manager175, General Manager at Super 8 Hazen, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and service you experienced with us at the SUPER 8 Hazen. My staff and I are 100% committed to always serving our guests in any way we possibly can. From the entire staff, we are so happy we could be there for you during your time of need. It is our hope that you will choose to stay with us anytime you come through the Hazen area. We would love to have you at any time. If we can be of service to you, please let us know at (870) 255-2888. Again, thank you for your kind words and taking the time to share your review with the fellow travel community.

Warmest Regards,

SUPER 8 Hazen

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Hazen

Reviewed January 10, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
General_Manager175, General Manager at Super 8 Hazen, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I were traveling through the area and decided to stop for the night. There wasn't a lot going on in this wide spot in the road (couple of small truck stops, two motels and a Mexican restaurant that was closed for the evening by the time we strolled into town) so our expectations weren't very high...boy were we surprised! Our room was well maintained and spotlessly cleaned, included a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, cable television and free wi-fi. After a great nights sleep in one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, we enjoyed a complementary hot breakfast which included waffles and biscuits & gravy. The food tasted great and the staff was friendly and very helpful. If you ever find yourself traveling through this area in need of a place to stay the night, I definitely recommend the Hazen Super 8!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Krissi1972
General_Manager175, General Manager at Super 8 Hazen, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed your time with us!

Thank you for your kind words about our staff, clean rooms, and our breakfast (by the way, we love the waffles and biscuits and gravy, too!). We strive to make our property feel like a "home away from home", so we are very pleased to hear how comfortable you and your family were at the SUPER 8 Hazen.

Again, thank you. We appreciate your business very much. We look forward to welcoming you again, should you be in the Hazen area again.

Regards,

SUPER 8 Hazen

Reviewed November 15, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DAVID H
General_Manager175, General Manager at Super 8 Hazen, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Room 204 the A/C didn't work.
They moved us to room 209 where the door was almost impossible to open and close without slamming it or going in commando style,

The TV Frig and Micrwave didn't work because the were all plugged into an intermittent wall outlet.
Changed outlets and got them going.
This morning I find out the in room coffee maker didn't work.

Over all I am pretty disappointedfor a room that cost $68.31!!!!

They are remodeling so the place looks pretty good but that's about all I can say.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager175, General Manager at Super 8 Hazen, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I'd like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We sincerely regret that your recent stay at the Super 8 - Hazen did not meet your expectations. Your comments and concerns are very important to us. As you could see during your time with us, we are currently undergoing many changes here at the Super 8 - Hazen. We are very excited to share with everyone the wonderful improvements to our establishment. My staff and I pride ourselves in providing a nice, clean excellent value lodging choice in the Hazen area, and again I apologize we fell short of your needs.
Again, thank you so much for not only choosing to stay with our property, but also your willingness to give us feedback and help us to continue to provide excellent service. We would love to welcome you to the Super 8 - Hazen again should you be in the area in the future. If we can be of assistance, please contact us at 870-255-2888.

Warmest Regards,

Super 8 - Hazen

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
General_Manager175, General Manager at Super 8 Hazen, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stopped at this Super 8 while driving back to Ohio from Dickinson, Texas. Holly, the front desk clerk was very friendly and even called us a few minutes after getting settled in our room to make sure it was satisfactory.

The hotel is in the process of being updated, starting with the outside. They will be updating rooms this winter. The rooms were clean, but there were signs of mold on the bathroom ceiling. The entire exit had recently been so flooded it had been closed, so I think this was part of the damage and will be addressed in the remodel.

Breakfast was hot and fresh with eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, fruit, cereal and muffins.

Would recommend this hotel. A great value for those who travel a lot and look for value for their money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
General_Manager175, General Manager at Super 8 Hazen, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences during your stay with us at the Super 8 - Hazen. We are currently in the process of giving our hotel much needed updates to ensure our property is well-maintained for many years to come to better serve our valued guests. My staff and I are pleased to know you had a nice stay with us and found our accommodations to be an excellent value. We hope to see you again on a return trip to Hazen should we be fortunate enough to be your choice. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay at the Super 8 - Hazen.

Best Regards,

Super 8 - Hazen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazen
Hampton Inn & Suites Lonoke
Econo Lodge and Suites
Econo Lodge and Suites
#2 of 7 in Brinkley
Holiday Inn Express Lonoke

Been to Super 8 Hazen? Share your experiences!