“Home Sweet HOme”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hardy
Memphis, United States
“Home Sweet HOme”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Best Western Village Inn is my second home. The folks here are so warm and friendly, such good country style hospitality that I don't miss my home. We come here often as a group for our business and leisure acitivities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed overnight in Hardy on a business trip. Very friendly greeting. Very clean room. Satellite tv was horrible. Very comfy bed. Spacious bathroom with large tub. Modest breakfast, everything was fresh. The highway in front of the inn is a noisy one. I bid on this hotel off Priceline for $42 and with taxes $55 total. Glad to pay for the cleanliness, breakfast, and I'm not a huge TV fan in the first place.

Room Tip: Stayed in #206, noisy highway in front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kgbnfx
bwvillage, Manager at Village Inn of Hardy, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear KGBNFX

Thank you for choosing our property during your business trip in Hardy, AR. We do appreciate your comments, compliments and concerns, which guides us in improving our customer service to our very valuable guests.

I have made a note to assign you a room away from the highway during your future visits to Hardy, AR.

I also take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Thank you.

Manager
Carthage, Missouri
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Rooms small, over priced. Lady that checked me in next morning was in her sleep clothes opening breakfast. Went in the back and Never returned. Nobody at front desk or breakfast the whole time 30 min was up there. Breakfast was all packaged stuff still in wrapper. Window unit compressor is going out made bad noise and just shut off because nobody to tell about the problem

Room Tip: Not on the back side a/c unit does not work
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lori B
bwvillage, Manager at Village Inn of Hardy, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Ms Lori B

Thank you for choosing our location during your trip via Hardy, AR. We also thank you for your comments.

Sorry that you found the room small. Overpriced? Your reservation was made for ONE person only. Upon check-in you were asked how many people and you confirmed FOUR people, because I had seen the four people, including yourself. So naturally we would charge for four people. At an employee rate, $54.26 is certainly not overpriced.

I was not on duty that morning and I did not come in to open breakfast. I had come in to take breakfast for me to eat and a fleece outfit with a sweater is not considered night clothes. I had also asked you if you wanted pancakes, since I had already made a plate for myself. My morning clerk had breakfast well-stocked and she was on the property doing some work. For the convenience of our guests, we do have a large sign on the front desk counter for guests to DIAL 0 for help. We also have two phones for this convenience, one on the front desk counter and one on the wall. Both in view of guests. Sorry you chose not to use this service.

Please note that all our breakfast is not served in wrappers. Only the breakfast burritos with egg, sausage and cheese and the biscuits with sausage are served in wrappers. These are prepared to be COOKED IN THE WRAPPERS. There are clear instructions on these wrappers.

We got a technician to check the HVAC and he found nothing wrong with it. In fact, this room has been rented daily after you checked out and nobody has complained about it. So it is difficult to pinpoint what problem you had with the unit, but I do thank you for bringing this to our notice. We will closely monitor this unit.

I thank you for your concerns and comments.

Manager
Germantown,TN
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed on the back side of the hotel and was very quiet. The room was clean and large. did not have refridgerator in the room or microwave. The beds were comfy. The staff nice and accomodating. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank TERRI A
bwvillage, General Manager at Village Inn of Hardy, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
I appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing the Best Western Village Inn during your stay in Hardy, AR. Your comments are very helpful in improving our customer service and property. When you do visit again, please do not hesitate to ask us about a microwave and refrigerator. If we do not have a room with those amenities, we will make them available.
I thank you once again for staying with us.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The room was older but super clean.motel is set back from hwy so it was very quiet.pool was spot on.pancake machine rocked!!Triple a discount was honored.extra towels were no sweat.this place is kind of a throwback to a time when customer service actually meant something!!

• Stayed July 2012
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The rooms, while older, appear clean, the front desk woman was pleasant. Breakfast is basic. The bed was comfortable. I like outside access to my room, however the door had a decent gap which is good for letting bugs in. I may stay here again but I would probably try and compare to other hotels in the town before I say this is the hotel to stay at in Hardy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mountain View, Missouri
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It's not the best Best Western I have ever stayed at. But it's not the worst. I have stayed at some BAD places. I once stayed in a hotel in downtown Fort Lauderdale that had pubic hair in the beds. We stayed the night the night the night then called my boss at the Springfield Sheraton who got us a room on the beach.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bruce C
bwvillage, General Manager at Village Inn of Hardy, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
The management and staff of the Best Western Village Inn would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your visit to Hardy, Ar. Your comments are an encouragement to improve our services on a daily basis. We hope to serve you better in the future as well.

Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardy
Cottonwood Inn
#2 of 3 in Horseshoe Bend
Comfort Green Motel
Comfort Green Motel
#1 of 2 in Thayer

Been to Village Inn of Hardy? Share your experiences!