“ALWAYS AN EXCELLENT STAY!”

Hardy's Spring River Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hardy
Memphis, Tennessee
“ALWAYS AN EXCELLENT STAY!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have now stayed at HSRL 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years. We absolutely LOVE it!! This last visit, we decided to go for the jacuzzi room, and that will be the choice from now on. There is nothing to dislike about this hotel. The rooms are great. The staff are great. The prices are great. The weekend biscuits and gravy are simply the best on the planet! I have no complaints at all about the TV, the bed, the pillows, or any odor. The bed in our room was one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept on. We will always stay here on trips to the area. Check it out. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We have only stayed on the 2nd floor near the stairs, and that's a great location because you ca...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy T
MgrSunni, Manager at Hardy's Spring River Lodge, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful compliments & for taking the time from your busy schedule to let others know!
We know it is impossible to please all of our guests all the time, but when we are pleasing most of our guests most of the time, we know that we are doing it right! We look forward to your future visits!
Here's to a great summer season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Iowa
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was traveling to Cherokee Village and needed a place to stay. This is a very small town and selection is limited. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor I decided on this location in Hardy which is very close to Cherokee Village. Check in experience was good and the clerk was very friendly. Hotel is smoke free. Rooms were clean and quiet. Beds and pillows are ok. Again my largest concern was that the rooms would be clean and mine was. WI-Fi worked well. Large breakfast area that could use a little more variety. Nice selection of TV channels. Price is very reasonable. Overall this is a very clean hotel and I will stay there again in my future travels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 48Rules
MgrSunni, General Manager at Hardy's Spring River Lodge, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us & for your review of our motel. We appreciate all your comments & look forward to your return in the future.
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very nice, large clean rooms
friendly people, good location in hardy arkansas
very willing to provide extra pillows if needed
very nice complimentary breakfast, fresh cinnamon rolls, coffee/tea/hot cocoa always available
laundry facilities available, nice heated indoor pool
We will stay there again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sherri M
MgrSunni, General Manager at Hardy's Spring River Lodge, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us & thank you for your review. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future! If there's anything more we can do to make your stay more comfortable, just let us know & we will do our best!
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A family group came to Hardy for a funeral and many of us stayed at the Spring River Lodge. Our experience was very positive so when my husband had to go to Hardy this weekend I knew the best accommodations would be here. We were very impressed with the front desk staff's pleasantness and willing helpfulness even to print boarding passes. I recommend Spring River Lodge for its friendly staff and everything else is a bonus, proving again that customer service is a priority! Thank you.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Cynthia D
MgrSunni, Manager at Hardy's Spring River Lodge, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us & we are pleased that you enjoyed the accomodations here & our customer service. I & my staff try our best to "treat each guest how we would like to be treated".
We hope you will be able to return again & again under more pleasant circumstances in the future.
Thank you!
Staff & Management
Sacramento
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Everything was fine but not as amazing as most of the other reviewers seem to indicate. Although, I do suspect that it's probably the best hotel in the area. The indoor pool is very nice, not too cold like most. Not too much noise. Staff is polite and helpful. The wi-fi worked fine. I very much appreciate that this is a smoke-free hotel. Many times as a non-smoker, I still end up smelling the smoke from other rooms, or having sheets on my bed with burn holes, or other remnants of smoking. It is conveniently located. The tv channel selection is satisfactory. Now for the down side: The pillows are rock hard, and there were only two on the bed, so we had to ask for extra. The continental breakfast is one of the saddest I've seen in a while. No fresh fruit, just canned fruit cups. (although I appreciated the good tea selection). Apparently they add biscuits and gravy on weekends, but if you're there on a weekday, your options are: canned fruit, instant oatmeal, toast, cereal, cinnamon roll, coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice, chocolate milk, regular milk. We stayed two nights, but they didn't restock the breakfast area for the second morning, even though we were up early (but not too early), there was no instant oatmeal the second day, and only two fruit cups. There are signs everywhere (in the room, hallways, breakfast area, pool area, etc.). Sometimes this is a good thing (such as instructions on how to operate the shower or access the fitness room or such things) But there's also an excessive amount of "rules" type signs (don't run in the hall, don't steal the towels because we know how many you have, dry off completely before leaving the pool area, etc.) I'm sure it can be frustrating to have to constantly deal with the inconsideration of thoughtless guests, but some of that is just what you have to put up with running a business. I just felt like I was being scolded silently everywhere I went without having done anything wrong- just by the ever-present rules signs. Also, while maybe I could blame this on myself for not checking first, but when we put our food in the mini-fridge, it froze everything. The fridge was turned up almost all the way, which I hadn't noticed until after it ruined everything. When I turned it down, it was fine. So, just a reminder I guess to check that first.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hunkeshne
MgrSunni, Manager at Hardy's Spring River Lodge, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your compliments & your "down side." We pride ourselves with our cleanliness & friendliness & offering our guests a safe place to stay. Being the only smoke free motel in the entire area is a large plus for most of our guests. We are the only interior corridor motel in Hardy & most of the surround area, so allowing smoking would cause the whole place to smell. I very happy you found that to your liking.
Your down side:
I'm sorry you weren't happy with the pillows. I haven't found a 'rock hard' pillow in any of our rooms. I have had guests 'complain' that our pillows are too fluffy! I personally don't think you can have a too fluffy pillow, but that is another "to each their own" choice. I've never had a guest complain about having to ask for extra pillows. We have them always for the asking. Not having extra pillows in all the rooms daily does help keep our laundry costs down. When a guest ask for extra pillows, my staff then know without doubt that the pillows were used & require fresh covers.
You described our continental breakfast as 'sad'. Considering the true definition of "continental breakfast", it consist of breads, jams & jellies, butter, sweet rolls & drink. We provide much more than that, as you properly listed. Yes, biscuits & gravy are added on the weekends only, for one main reason, that is any motel/hotel's busiest time & I do not wish to serve my guests biscuits & gravy that have been rewarmed from the previous day because it wasn't eaten & throwing it out is very wasteful& costly. I'm afraid fruit falls in that same area. Fresh fruit in a rural area is available, for full price, at any grocery store. Again, waste is an issue. I have tried fresh fruit several different times & several different kinds from bananas to apples. We will throw away fruit because it wasn't eaten before it started going bad. The fruit cups we offer solved the waste issue & we have received many, many compliments on offering them. However, the breakfast area not being properly stocked on your second morning here is an issue I have taken up with my staff because that NEVER should happen. I appreciate you bringing that to my attention!
Ahhh, the signs....believe me, I hear you. I have also heard, "oh, well there wasn't a sign anywhere..." We are not trying to silently scold anyone. I did have to put a sign asking guests to dry off before leaving the pool area simply because getting to & from the pool requires going right through the lobby. Before the sign, my clerks were constantly mopping puddles of water from the tile floor to try & keep someone from slipping & falling. The sign has helped! I have had many parents point to the sign stating to please not run in the halls or on the stairs & make their children read them or read to them. We are a wood frame building, not only does that sign help keep the noise factor down, it helps with us being interior corridor & having a child run over a guest that has stepped out of their room. (it happened, thus-signage) The little sign in each room that politely states how much a pillow or blanket or towel costs has also helped cut down tremenously on "theft". Too many people have the thought process that they paid for the room so they should have the right to take a towel or pillow or blanket. If only one or two persons per year thought that, we wouldn't have a problem. But when dozens are taken & have to be replaced, guess who pays? The future guests do because the room rates have to go up to cover the additional costs. (I actually got the info to order those little signs from one that was in the room I stayed in on vacation in a very nice, upscale hotel).
Yes, it is very "frustrating to have to constantly deal with the inconsideration of thoughtless guests", and signs or no signs, they are still going to do what they do. But, I have found that the signs help tremendously on a daily basis overall. Even with "signs" there are still those that choose to not pay attention. Our very favorite question that we are asked dozens of times is:
"Do you have any more coffee? the pot's empty." (referring to the glass pots on the maker) Our answer: "Yes, it's in the air pots right under the sign that says, "coffee". I mean that as a chuckle, not as a scarcasm.
Thank you so much for you comments & I do hope you will choose to stay with us again should you come through our little community in the future!
Sunni Cooper, GM
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel for the money. From the ancient tv's to two perfectly flat pillows on your bed just sorry. And not to mention the odor which seems to linger everywhere in the hotel. Will Never check in here again.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank ndannen
MgrSunni, General Manager at Hardy's Spring River Lodge, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Subject: Hardy's Spring River Lodge
Location: Hardy
Title: Owner response
ID#: 143213226

Dear ndannen,
I am so sorry that you did not find our hotel to your standards. I spoke with my staff & none of these issues have been brought to anyone's attention by any guest during the month of October or we would have done our best to redeem those complaints to the best of our ability during your stay.
No, we do not have flat screen TVs in all of our ,yet, we still have analog TVs in most. The cable boxes are required no matter the type of TV, now that viewing is digital. Our TVs are being updated to flat screens as money allows. Even though they are "ancient" they still have excellent, clear pictures.
I have replaced pillows throughout the hotel & I will verify that no rooms were missed. It's impossible to please everyone, so extra pillows are always available for the asking for those that wish thicker ones.
I'm sorry you found an odor. We are 100% smoke-free & all smokers must go outside, if that was the odor. We do not use air freshners to cover up odors, we find the source of an odor & remove it. Any odor must have been caused by a neighboring room at the time of your stay & has been removed, whatever it was. I apologize for that. We are complimented repeatedly by our guests on the cleanliness of this hotel and especially how enjoyable it is that we are smoke free & how nice it always smells. We take any concerns from our guests very seriously & will address them immediately, if they are brought to our attention during a stay or even after a stay, as in this case.
Our rates are very competitive for our area and we are the only lodging in this area to offer an indoor heated pool/fitness room/Deluxe Contentinal Breakfast and more all year long. We do offer discount rates in off season, as most lodging area do, for those qualified.
Thank you for your comments. As I always say, "if I don't know something is broken, I can't fix it."
Sunni Cooper, Mgr.
Pearl River, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Traveling through on my motorcycle I found this oasis. It was raining and I was cold. The front desk was friendly and very helpful. I was allowed to park my bike under the canopy (smoking area) at the end of the building and given the closest room. Everything was clean and quiet. After a good night rest I put the rain suit on and motored on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Curtis O
MgrSunni, General Manager at Hardy's Spring River Lodge, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your compliments & we appreciate you taking the time to let others know. We look forward to your return in the future!
Sincerely-staff & management of Spring River Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hardy
Village Inn of Hardy
#2 of 4 in Hardy
No photo provided
Cedar Glade Resort
#2 of 3 in Horseshoe Bend

Been to Hardy's Spring River Lodge? Share your experiences!