“Great breakfast”
Review of Downhome Country Kitchen - CLOSED

Downhome Country Kitchen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was with a coworker and we decided to stop for breakfast prior to going to work. I ordered the country breakfast and it was more than I could eat. Eggs were perfect, for me, ham, hash browns, toast, grits, milk and coffee. Filled me up like a tick on a hound and the waitress was a hot little red head. Lots of curves and very polite!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Based on prior reviews, we stopped in Hardy to go to this restaurant. I was very disappointed. My small hamburger was overcooked (thin, crisp and tough) and an order of fried green tomatoes
one of their "signature" dishes, was inedible. It was difficult to find any tomato in the fried batter, and the "tomato" disks literally sat in a pool of grease. On the bright side, my wife had an excellent sweet potato, complete with butter and brown sugar on the side. There must be better choices in Hardy.

1  Thank ClioSpringfield
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This food was pretty good. It was not great but pretty good. I do find it amazing when you get bad home cooking in the Ozarks! A friend of mine searched for good buscuits and gravy for years and never did find them. These at least tasted homemade,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

A respite from the rain. Had a great burger. And treated myself to a great slice of pecan pie, washed it down with a fresh cup of hot coffee. Very friendly staff. They recommended the Spring River Lodge for my hotel, and it was very pleasant.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've eaten here many times. The atmosphere is laid back and fun. The servers are good. The management is good. The live music they do during the summer is a blast, whether it's karaoke or a band. They have a nice large area for dancing and it's always fun to watch or participate. The food is always good, too.