“Great day out!”
Review of Drusillas Park

Drusillas Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Berwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Widely regarded as the best small zoo in Europe Drusillas Park offers a fun finding-out day out. Brilliant play areas including, Go Wild! Go Bananas! and Amazon Adventure. Plus Thomas the Tank Engine and close encounters in Lemurland. It’s no ordinary zoo!
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great day out!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

As a local I have visited this zoo many times as I've grown up, but most recently I went along with a group of friends before we finished college. It was a great day out and a brilliant way to let out our inner children. It was a fantastic opportunity for the budding photographers in our group to take loads of pictures as well as most of the exhibits are behind glass rather than horrid metal fences which spoil a photo.
Recommendable for families with young children as there are many places where they can get involved and learn at the same time,as well as a massive play area, including a maze, crazy golf and a train ride around the park.
My only query would be the price of food and the gift shop.

Visited April 2013

Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Better than Disneyland Paris”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visited Drusillas with our 2 autistic children recently. The interactive farmyard was fantastic, with the opportunity to milk a cow. The Teletubbie rabbit area went down a treat. The play areas are the best I have seen. There is a very interesting and well cared for zoo. The best thing off all was the Thomas train. The kids were thrilled. We have been to Disneyland Paris twice and I can honestly say Drusillas was a much better day out. We drove for the best part of 3 hours to get there, but it was well worth it. We will return :)

Burgess Hill, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Too much for a day!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find and easy to park is always a good start.

I'd heard it was going to be expensive; we used club card points and that made the cost very cheap. I think club card vouchers were 1/3 the face value of an adult ticket.

We went for a family day out with our extended family and the attractions, animals and play areas suited all the kids from 1 - 11. At the entrance way there's a little book for the children to use to collect stamps on the way. Sometimes it's the simple (& free) things the get children running around and investigating.

Lunch was more or less as expected, not gourmet, but just what children want. The food wasn't overpriced, which is always a concern once you're 'in' and the options are limited.

There are several play areas and probably the ones I would dream about as a child.

I'm sure I'll be back in a few weeks time.

Visited October 2013
Battle, United Kingdom
“Photographic Experience”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

What a wonderful experience I had spending a morning behind the scenes and able to get very close to some of the wonderful animals for some fantastic photos. The keepers were so knowledgeable and pleasant and our keeper 'guide' was brilliant. I loved every minute of it and will remember it for a very long time. Thank you to all involved.

Pershore, England, United Kingdom
“A Zoo with a difference.”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We visited Drusillas whilst on holiday and absolutely loved it. It is so well laid out with lots of information about all the animals. There was loads of things for children of all ages to solve and search for which helps keep them entertained. There was many animals that we had never seen before and we loved being able to feed the Lorikeets!! When we first arrived I thought it was a bit expensive but it was more than worth every penny! We ate in the café which had plenty to choose from.
A lot of the staff were volunteers and they were so helpful and very knowledgeable. Everyone was so friendly and chatty especially Neil.
Would highly recommend putting Drusillas on your lists of places to visit.