“Down home hospitality and excellent food!”
Review of The Wooden Spoon

The Wooden Spoon
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Gentry
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I have been frequenting this establishment for over 6 years, and have never been disappointed (especially when dessert hits the table!)
The Menu is simple and not too extensive, but what they DO they do WELL!
If you love bread pudding, all types of pies, cookies, cake etc...you will find a favorite for even the pickiest tastebud!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Food is always really good. Everything homemade. The bread is delicious - as well as their desserts! Very clean. Staff friendly. Good selection on menu. Family friendly.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

b/c it is made from scratch and b/c of that they run out. The bread pudding is just incredible. I like their lasagna, that is all I've gotten when I've went there. Be prepared to stand around waiting b/c this place is very popular, not just with the locals but with people from all over the area. I've only went for dinner so I can't tell you how their lunch is but the Friday night dinner is really great.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

After hearing and reading reviews about this restaurant, we decided to try it when we were in Arkansas. Friday is the only evening it is open, so we expected there would be a wait, and there was quite a crowd when we arrived 15 minutes after opening. The waiting area is quite large, though, and the wait was not bad (may 35 minutes). The menu changes for the Friday night. The night my husband and son both got the catfish, while I ordered quiche. They loved the catfish (it looked really good), and my quiche was flavorful. I tasted my son's macaroni and cheese and it was so good I still regret not ordering it. We ended with dessert - there are several options. I had purposely gotten something "light" so I would have room, and I was still stuffed after my dessert. My son took a picture after he was halfway finished to show his friends. The service was also excellent. I highly recommend eating here - just expect a little wait.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

When you visit Arkansas, make sure you make a stop to this restaurant. I was skeptical at first because I thought then food would taste awful. It is operated by the nicest staff. You know how you walk into a restaurant and the staff is carrying on useless gossip and acting unprofessional? Well, you don't get that here. The atmosphere is so welcoming. The pictures on the wall were beautiful. The way the place was set up felt like everyone was eating in a giant barn. It was awesome.

The food is so amazing. I ordered the BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato) with a baked potato soup and ordered their iced tea. Their version of the BLT is by far the best. I have had some where the bacon was too hard to consume. Everything here tasted very fresh. I don't think there's any preservatives in their food. You could totally taste the difference.

I will recommend that you show up early because they close at 2pm. I don't know why but as long as this restaurant remains open, I will definitely come back. It was a great experience.