“Memorable Experience”

Wild Wilderness Drive-Through Safari
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Gentry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently visited the Drive Through Safari and had an amazing time. I recently got a new camera and enjoyed the photography opportunities. I enjoyed the diversity of animals and the opportunity to walk into the Kangaroo lot. I had no idea going there that I'd have the opportunity to hold a baby lion, but it's something I greatly appreciate and that I'll never forget. Compared with other zoos/aquariums I've been to, I think this place is a bargain. I will definitely visit again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Took grandkids thru and enjoyed as much as they did. Animals very well cared for. Must cost a fortune to care for them so well BUT very reasonably priced for us. A must for families. Don't forget to stop at gift shop to pick up animal food. Lots of photo opportunities. We loved it.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

While the ride through the park was fun, and the animals were not threatening, it's very intimidating when a buffalo or giraffe stick their heads in your window looking for food. Bring some wet wipes with you unless you like the smell of animal saliva. If you don't have any food you may get your brand new car head butted.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a blast! My friend and I had a little roadtrip this weekend from Tulsa and after touring the Bluff Dwellers Cavern in Noel, MO, we decided to hit up the drive-through safari. I thought the price was exceptional considering all that you got to see as well as to know what your money is contributing to. The front part is where you can walk around and see smaller animals and hand feed them. They had peacocks and cats roaming around. Bunnies and chickens and kanagroos and just tons different wildlife for you to look at. There were a ton of families here and plenty of parking for cars and big buses. Also near this area was a concessions, souvenir and restroom area. Then you hop in your car for a 5-mile drive. You could go at your own pace and just take it all in. Most of the animals were free-roaming, there were some in cages along the route but it was still very neat. We had a few buffalo come up and lick our windows and several emu just stare us down. It was great to see all the animals living and interacitng with each other. The property was also very pretty. Highly recommend this random gem.

2  Thank Tiffany M
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a great place. They have exhibits of animals that you can interact with as well as a huge drive through area where you drive your own vehicle to see different animals. The folks there take very good care of their animals.