All reviews seafood breakfast buffet sound of the waves small balcony wine list ghost town on the rocks sea view place to stay a la carte top floor rooms are clean great view bit dated few meters stayed here for two nights diaz point
Reviewed December 10, 2014

In a desert country it is wonderful to stay in a room with a beautiful sea view and listen to the wave action as you drift off to sleep. Extensive buffet breakfast and dinner and also 'a la carte' menu available. Rooms are clean and tidy and all staff very friendly and helpful. Wi-fi works in the lounge area but not in the rooms. Short stroll into town and close to all places of interest in and around Luderitz. Major tourist attraction is kolmanskop (deserted diamond town) which is 10 kilometres inland from the town.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
MARKETINGGM2014, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I have read your wonderful and positive review on your experience at our hotel and I also notice from your past reviews that you are a great supporter of our hotel – THANK YOU.

From your latest feedback, we satisfied all your needs, again. Please take note that since your stay in June 2014, we have carried out further renovations and upgrades to our hotel! You will be pleased to know that we have further invested in improving the Wi-Fi signal strength throughout the hotel – which due to our location in the desert and other factors, provides us with a different challenge to say, Auckland, Seoul or London.

Once again, a warm thank you for your wonderful support and we look forward to hosting you again during your next visit to Namibia!

Reviewed December 6, 2014

We stayed here for one night. The room was clean and very comfortable and the view across the bay was wonderful. A couple of niggles with the room - the stool in the room needed repairing - one of the legs was about to part company with the rest of it, and the shower hose leaked badly at the head, leading to the bathroom flooding.
The restaurant was crowded on the night we were there - the service there was very good, but for the food the emphasis was on quantity rather than quality.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
MARKETINGGM2014, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post your positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel and I am pleased that you found your room clean, comfortable and the direct seaviews wonderful.

Our locally acclaimed restaurant is very popular and on certain busy evenings, we do offer a full buffet. However, for those who wish to have a more specialised dish, we do offer à la carte as well.

Please do accept my sincere apologies for the defective stool in your room as well as the leaking shower head - these two wear and tear items should have been picked up by my rooms division team and due to your valuable feedback, corrective action has now been taken.

Thank you for your support and please do come and stay with us again on your next trip to Luderitz.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2014

The Nest Hotel is one of my best experiences, beautiful view. Although it was in the middle of the sandstorm, the Nest Hotel was the greatest. Rooms are great and you can hear the sound of the ocean from the rooms. The reception was welcoming and i must say the services was exceptional.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for providing our hotel with a maximum 5/5 score for your recent stay at our hotel - this is the level of feedback that my team and I strive for. I am especially pleased that you found our service delivery exceptional.

Thank you for your support and please do come and stay again on your next trip to Lüderitz.

Reviewed December 2, 2014

Stayed at the Nest at the end of October for a night while crew changing with my ship. I was very pleased with the hotel itself, the room was tidy and neat, easy to navigate and had just what I needed in it. Free Wifi connection was not the greatest in the room but available throughout the hotel. The staff was very helpful and the meals were good. Breakfast buffet with a cook making fresh eggs to order n such. Very nice touch.
Front desk folks are ready for anything you need.

Room Tip: All rooms are seaside, I kept my door open to the balcony and listened to the waves crash on the rocks all night. heaven!
  • Stayed: October 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the effort to post your highly positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel – to be given a top score of 5/5 for our Rooms, Service and Sleep Quality is what we strive for. I am pleased that you found our food good, both at breakfast and at dinner.

You will be pleased to know that we have a dedicated Network Specialist, looking at various ways to further enhance the free Wi-Fi connectivity throughout our premises. To receive a continuously strong and stable signal can be a challenge at times, especially due to our location at the coast in the desert.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2014

Lovely rooms and view. Friendly staff and good service. For a seaside venue though, we did not feel that the restaurant gave a good selection of seafood at all. Otherwise good breakfast and lovely atmosphere.

Room Tip: All rooms have a lovely view onto the Atlantic Ocean
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and effort to post your positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.

You enjoyed your room with its fabulous views and I am pleased that you found my staff friendly, the service delivery good (5/5!) and a lovely atmosphere in our restaurant.

We act upon guest feedback wherever possible and I have taken note of your comment about our seafood menu – I would be grateful if you could pass your suggestions onto my food and beverage manager at: fandb@nesthotel.com

Thank you for your support and we look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Lüderitz.