“Wondful experience”

Luderitz Nest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Luderitz
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at The Nest Hotel in Luderitz for 2 nights.
The staff at reception was very friendly and helpful; they gave as an overview of the town and all the best spots to visit, including the oyster farm.

Our room was great and we had a beautiful view of the lagoon and ocean.
The service at the restaurant was good and the menu had a good variety dishes to choose from. The food was excellent.

The location is great to explore the town as well as Kolmanskop and Bogenfels
We had no complains and our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine123641
MARKETINGGM2013, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

I have seen your most positive comments about your recent two night stay at our hotel and I would like to thank you for taking the time and effort to post your feedback.

I am pleased that you found all aspects of our hotel to your satisfaction and that you took advantage of experiencing two of our area's most famous attractions, the Bogenfels rock arch and Kolmanskop Ghost Diamond Town, both in the Namib Desert.

My team and I would like to thank you for your support and we look forward to hosting you again in the not too distant future!

There are newer reviews for Luderitz Nest Hotel

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Nest hotel is a fine place to rest one's head for the night.
The restaurant is perhaps a bit overpriced and underwhelming but the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Try and eat out in the town at the far superior restaurants.

Room Tip: try get one on the wind-sheltered side of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
MARKETINGGM2013, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to provide us with your positive comments about your recent stay at our hotel.

I am pleased that you found my team to be very friendly and helpful as this is probably the most essential aspect of our hotel’s service delivery.

I am slightly disappointed though that we did not fully meet all your expectations in our locally acclaimed restaurant, as we normally enjoy excellent feedback from many local and international patrons who dine here every year.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to hosting you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed at The Nest for open night. Our room was amazing with a fantastic sunset view and the sea lapping the rocks beneath the baloney.

Staff were very helpful. We ate in the Penguin restaurant. It was a buffet. He seafood was prepared for us and was delicious. The range of desserts was vast!

The room had a bath -unusual for Namibia and it w much appreciated after extensive travelling.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samanthak27
MARKETINGGM2013, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking your valuable time to post your positive experiences about our hotel.

I am pleased that your room provided you with the views, sounds and atmosphere that is one of hotel's strong features. I am particularly pleased that my team members delivered a good service and that our Penguin Restaurant’s seafood was delicious.

Thank you very much for your support and we look forward to hosting you in the not too distant future.

GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Beautifully located by the sea, clean comfortable accommodation and definitely the best food we ate in Ludertiz. In particular, I would recommend the crayfish. All of these made for a very enjoyable stay. However, the one thing that made the Nest Hotel stand out was the attention and warm hospitality of the Manager and his team. Thank you Ulf for a very memorable and happy stay.

1  Thank tfmartin
MARKETINGGM2013, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your most positive feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that we met all your expectations and I see that you particularly enjoyed our seafood platter which is locally acclaimed in Lüderitz.

We look forward to hosting you again in the not too distant future.

Thank you for your support!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Top spot accomodation-wise, staff helpful. Al la carte restaurant service very slow - choose smorgasbord if you want to eat there. Great sunsets! Pool area looked lovely but was too busy with other activities - take a walk around the town, its an interesting place - although I am not normally into churches the one on the top the hill is worth seeing inside.

1  Thank Wander32
MARKETINGGM2013, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

I have come across your review on Trip Advisor and I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort to provide us with your very positive feedback. I am pleased that you gave us a maximum 5/5 for our location, rooms, cleanliness and sleep quality and you found my staff helpful.

We strive to meet your needs on all levels and should any aspect of our service delivery not meet these needs, we encourage you (as stated in my Welcome Letter) to immediately bring it to the attention of a member of my team to put right.

The church you refer to on the hill (as seen from our hotel) is one of Namibia's most iconic churches, the FELSENKIRCHE (1912). Every single bit of this National Heritage monument was imported by boat directly from Germany. One of its delightful stained glass windows was offered as a gift to the residents of Luderitz by Kaiser Wilhelm II and delivered in person by his son.

We hope to host you again in the not too distant future and thank you for your support!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staff were helpful from the moment we arrived. Comfortable rooms overlooking the water, with pounding waves to lull you to sleep.

A great location (but for some it may be difficult to find - at the end of a very dusty road).

Rooms were well furnished and very acceptable.

We ate in the restaurant on two evenings - the buffet was a little overpriced and adequate. A' la Carte was extremely slow....... so much that those who took the buffet had eaten 4 courses before the A' la Carte meal was even served. The quality of food was very variable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
MARKETINGGM2013, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post your feedback on your experiences at our hotel.

I am pleased that you found my staff helpful and that you liked your room. Due to our fabulous location right on the sea further provided you with a good night’s sleep.
Please accept my apologies for the slow service you experienced regarding your à la carte order – we do mention in your Welcome Letter that should any aspect of our service delivery or quality not meet your needs to bring it to the immediate attention of management to rectify on the spot.

Thank you for your support and we hope to host you again on your next visit to Namibia.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The rooms are well furnished and comfortable, very clean and the beds have excellent mattresses (an issue with me!). The bathroom was also very good and clean and had all the necessary amenities including a towel drier. Moreover, we had a lovely view facing the sea and slept to the lulling sound of the waves.
The food was abundant and good and the service attentive. Wifi connection was also very appreciated!
I had a lovely stay and I can only give this hotel top points!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
MARKETINGGM2013, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

I have seen your very positive comments on your recent experience at our hotel and my team and I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort to submit your feedback.

I am pleased that you found our extra-long high quality beds to your liking. Our location directly on the sea (and our private beach) is unique in Namibia and the sound of the waves contribute to an excellent night’s sleep, as you experienced.

We hope to host you again in the not too distant future – thank you for your valuable support!

GENERAL MANAGER

Also consider these accommodations in or near Luderitz
Alte Loge
#2 of 7 in Luderitz
We-Kebi Safari Lodge
We-Kebi Safari Lodge
#3 of 4 in NamibRand Nature Reserve

Been to Luderitz Nest Hotel? Share your experiences!