“Excellent food and service with personal attention of the owner”
Review of Le Bateau Ivre

Le Bateau Ivre
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Kfar-Saba , Israel
“Excellent food and service with personal attention of the owner”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The location is great , the decoration is unique - a symbol for this amazing island , the food is well prepared , large options list . A reat treat !!!

Visited February 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was there several times under two weeks. Each time I was very satisfied. First time I tried the Languster 750g with butterfried vegetables, french fries and a large Three horses beer.
It was cheap , less than 12 Euro.

I tried mixed grill and it was also very tasty. Tried some other dishes. I can recommend this restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jan A
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Well Known Safe”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

There are not that many "fine dining" restaurants in Tamatave that is a given. This is a nice well known safe restaurant. It is well located on the waterfront, has a guarded parking lot, the owners are welcoming and quite friendly and it has a good selection of spirits and food. My husband had Zebu and I had grilled chicken, both had a glass of wine. It was very good but not exceptional. Being a foreigner one of my main concerns - requirements in Tamatave is that the restaurant is clean equating to me not getting sick, this restaurant fits my requirements. We enjoyed our meal and the surroundings, the waiters are attentive and service is good!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mi-Dan20
calcutta
“best option for dining”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

the food is good and the ambience is good.can meet people for formal as well as casual dinner at this joint

• Visited May 2012
Quebec City, Canada
“OK”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I went to the bateau ivre many many times for the 2 years i lived in Tamatave. I personally ate there twice and never ordered food from there ever after that. I totally dislike the quality of the food . If you dont have high standart for restaurent you will find this place nice i assume.
The location is great for sure.

The company i use to work for done their christmas dinner party at the bateau ivre.
We had our own chef and food brought to the bateau ivre to make sure it follow a certain safety/quality standart.

• Visited March 2011