“Nice lunch by the sea”

Restaurante Central
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Great little seaside restaurant with a yummy seafood stew served on a bed of rice! I can send a picture of it if you'd like.
Reviewed November 30, 2016

This little town is a bit out of the way of everything but it's worth a detour at lunch time. Especially if you love the sea.
It's very quiet this time of year but if the weather's nice you can even have lunch out even around November.
The owner is very nice and actually does the cooking himself on quiet days.
We had a wonderful "Arroz de Peixe" or Fish Rice. Would love to have it again.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

So, last night of our holiday in Portugal where we experienced excellent food and friendly staff everywhere we went with great prices.
Well the bubble had to burst and here is where it happened. I could go into detail but here it is in brief.
1. Restaurant told us they were busy so we should book, on arival they were empty. (I know, I know, turn around and walk out, yes, I know!)
2. Menu was very limited and even then, the owner really pushed us to have some concoction that appeared to be the only thing they made, a mix of "Iceland" king prawns, and not many of them, "Meat" as he called it and "Chips" as he called them. It was some kind of cataplan and it was frankly really poor.
3. Desert that was also "What they did" which seemed like shop bought cakes? Oh dear.
4. When I requested cheese I was brought a full chunk of manchego looking cheese that although was fine must have bumped the bill up....a lot.
5. Washed down with a small glass of port at €5 a shot!
6. Bill presented to us as some scribble on paper, no card facilities (Their machine had broken that very day!)
7. The feeling of being totally ripped off and depressed that restaurants like this exist and get seemingly glowing reviews on TA. This was the most expensive yet worst meal of the holiday. How did I manage that?

Hold on while I poke myself....no, it was not a bad dream it really happened.
No, simply no.

2  Thank Tom M
Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

Very well prepared food lots of seafood in all the dishes! Recommend the paella!
Staff very helpful and providing great tips. Good location, very close to the beach!

Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

It's not a fancy restaurant, it's a family business. While sr. Antonio is welcoming their clients his wife is cooking the most delicious dishes. It's indeed quite expensive but I had the best açorda de marisco ever which was actually full of seafood. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

We waited more than 20 minutes for the menu; of what was on the menu they had half of it and we finished eating, like all the others table pork with clams, terrible. The cake was terrible too and not homemade.