So, last night of our holiday in Portugal where we experienced excellent food and friendly staff everywhere we went with great prices.
Well the bubble had to burst and here is where it happened. I could go into detail but here it is in brief.
1. Restaurant told us they were busy so we should book, on arival they were empty. (I know, I know, turn around and walk out, yes, I know!)
2. Menu was very limited and even then, the owner really pushed us to have some concoction that appeared to be the only thing they made, a mix of "Iceland" king prawns, and not many of them, "Meat" as he called it and "Chips" as he called them. It was some kind of cataplan and it was frankly really poor.
3. Desert that was also "What they did" which seemed like shop bought cakes? Oh dear.
4. When I requested cheese I was brought a full chunk of manchego looking cheese that although was fine must have bumped the bill up....a lot.
5. Washed down with a small glass of port at €5 a shot!
6. Bill presented to us as some scribble on paper, no card facilities (Their machine had broken that very day!)
7. The feeling of being totally ripped off and depressed that restaurants like this exist and get seemingly glowing reviews on TA. This was the most expensive yet worst meal of the holiday. How did I manage that?
Hold on while I poke myself....no, it was not a bad dream it really happened.
No, simply no.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.