“Fine”
Review of Trinitarias Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barquisimeto
Trinitarias Suites
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Barquisimeto
Burlington, Vermont
“Fine”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This hotel was nice. I'd stay here again. Everything was fine. The fact that it's connected to a mall is handy. The room (not a suite) was nice. I'd stay here again. Nothing fancy, but quite decent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank VermontTraveler21

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed August 1, 2011

It is connected to the Trinitarias shopping mall
Nice big lobby and comfy rooms
It is a trendy location as the hotel bar / disco filled up at nigh
Felt very safe in a town where crime has risen in the past year

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Nice, clean, trendy hotel in a good location of town. While located with in a shopping mall area, you get to choose from several eateries within the mall. Save location, Friendly staff! Great business hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank LeoPty
Moulton
Reviewed February 5, 2010

My father, 84, and I were looking for safe lodging with protests and crime in Venezuela on the rise. We chose the safety of the hotel located at one end of the mall. We paid about $150 a night, which is a lot of money for lodging in Venezuela. The staff at the check-in spoke very little if any english. I spoke to them in spanish, but at that price, I guess I expected more. we were staying all week, but stayed there only 3 nights because of the bathrooms in the room. the banos are beautiful but not very practical when it comes to taking a shower. instead of having a shower curtain it had a glass plate that only went 1/2 the length of the tub, therefore plenty of water splashed onto the floor outside of the shower. the granite/tile floor was VERY slippery when you left the shower. I don't need my elderly father getting hurt on a fall in the bathroom, especially at the price they were charging. The breakfast was nice but appeared more like a lunch. Plenty of sliced ham, turkey, chopped meat, cheese and arepas. No bacon. In the three days there, we saw no eggs at the breakfast buffet. One morning a cellist played music during breakfast. The staff at the restaurant was extremely nice, but i really missed scrambled eggs and bacon. On our final day there, they had a fire drill from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., all guests had to leave the building, most of us went shopping in the mall. When we returned to the room, the fire alarm was sounding and did so for about 1 hour, maintenance finally arrived and took the alarm apart to quiet it.
The mall was nice, like most in the USA. movie theaters, speciality stores, fast-food court, drug store, photo shops, etc.
A nice feature included you needed your hotel card to go up and down the elevator. That kept nonguests out of the hotel. Saw some security cameras, I guess they worked, and always well-dressed staff members in the lobby watching guests come and go.
If the room was $100 a night and had a better bathroom setup, it would have been better received by us.
It was OK, but we moved to the Lidotel at the newer Sambil mall for the remaining four nights of our trip to Barquisimeto where were were visiting friends we have known for the past 30 years. I noticed a big drop in the quality of life in Venezuela on this trip since my last in 1996. It was my eighth and probably last trip there. Chavez has succeeded in making it a third-world country.

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank mikepong
Connecticut
Reviewed September 6, 2008

It was good because it is inside the shopping Mall it gave us a little more safety, it is a quite place. They have very good breakfast and the servers are very diligent I would said we had a personalized service at the breakfast buffet.
The hotel is clean and modern and they are safety cameras all over the place, they take safety seriously.
There is one day is not quite at all Saturdays, they have a Bar on the lobby area and they can be so noisy, it seems a bunch of kids like going there just to drink until late. Don't go to that bar and ask for a beer or they will hate you, it suppose to be a whiskey Bar and they do not offer beers at all.
The front desk service is awful they NEVER give you messages, never have a honest smile and are rude, well not all of them the manager is very friendly and helpful.
At the swimming pool the security guy made me feel uncomfortable, he was staring on me for too long.
It is an expensive hotel but I think you are paying for safety, nowadays Venezuela's crime rate has increased a lot and this place you can walk in the mall to get what you need, no need of going downtown at all.

• Liked — Safety, modern look, free breakfast
  • Disliked — expensive food and room, some staff, bad message service, bad phone service
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 12, 2008

We went to Barquisimeto, Venezuela to attend my mother-in-law's funeral from 5/2/08 till 5/9/08. We stayed with family the first two nights and then stayed at the "Trinitarias Suites." These rooms are not suites; they are the size of a regular hotel room at the Econo Lodge or Red Roof Inn. There is no extra sitting area or kitchenette that would qualify it as a suite. Compare Trinitarias to Marriot Springhill Suites and you'll know what I mean. This place has modern-looking/artsy décor such as a half full bowl of fake green apples. The pool was closed for renovation on one of the nicest days there. This is a third world country and it is unbelievable how this hotel gauges you. The cost was 261 per night (the Hilton was 189). The hotel is inside a mall so fast food is convenient. There appears to be adequate security. Front desk staff is luke-warm. They have a nice little fitness room and a conference room with only one computer. We had a hotel room with two double beds. The TV was a flat TV, but smallish (like 17"). There was a newspaper that was complimentary everyday. The free breakfast was a plus. I would try the Hilton next time there is a family emergency and we have to go to Venezuela.

By the way...it appears that the Venezuelan government does not want you to leave their country (even if you are a tourist) because they apparently have lost so many citizens fleeing from Hugo Chavez and his quest to be a dictator (this is my wife's view, but it makes a lot of sense to me). They charge an 11 buck departure tax between Venezuelan states! (Lara and Federal District). In addition to all the taxes you pay in airfare (including Venz. tax I believe, this country has the guts to charge you an extra 54 bucks out of pocket in cash payable at the gate to leave the country. With so many other attractive Carribean countries/resorts around, I would skip Venezuela. It's no wonder they are never featured on the Travel Channel such as in the program passport to Latin American with Samantha Brown. Venezuela was great 11 years ago before Chavez in my opinion. I have been there six times from 1996 till present. I hope this info is helpful in choosing a hotel in this southwestern Venezuelan city. Check out the Hilton!

• Liked — the hotel is inside a mall; the pool when it was working, free breakfast
  • Disliked — the unfriendly staff, the high price of the hotel, poor value for the money; small
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hhansell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barquisimeto
LIDOTEL Hotel Boutique Barquisimeto
#4 of 13 in Barquisimeto
Hotel Tiffany
Hotel Tiffany
#7 of 13 in Barquisimeto

Been to Trinitarias Suites? Share your experiences!