“A little gem of a place.”
Review of Hostal Tanausu

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Catia La Mar
Hostal Tanausu
Tucker, Georgia
“A little gem of a place.”
Reviewed September 23, 2008

While stranded in Caracas, I asked a cabbie for a decent place to spent the night. He brings me here; this place is very clean and very safe. The owners watch all the "goings on" very closely. The hotel itself is a fortress. This "fortress" is located in the middle of an urban jungle. It is situated in the middle of liquor stores and night clubs. To enter or leave, anytime, you must be let out by the manager. Believe me, no thug will get in. The owner packs a pistol on the small of his back 24/7.
They have a nice restaurant/bar on site and an internet computer in the lobby. It costs about $50 a night; for this place...its a bargain.

• Liked — Friendly accomendations.
  • Disliked — Not enough time to enjoy more of it.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo

São Paulo
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I arrived in the flight from Sao Paulo / Brazil to Caracas / Venezuela, but my flight to Margarita was to the next day, perhaps I took a taxi and asked for a hotel near Maiquetia Airport and the driver left me in this horible hotel.

The localization of the hotel is the worst and the place is so dangerous.

I felt in a jail because everything have gates. The window and the television have grades to nobody steal.

The restaurant f the hotel is totaly darty and the attention of the staff was the worst.

• Liked — The airport is near.
  • Disliked — The place.
  • Stayed November 2006
1 Thank MarceloBrazil

Travelers are raving about these Catia La Mar hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2007

I had to make an early morning connection in Caracas so I arrived the night before. The hotel I planned to stay at was more expensive then I realized so I asked the Cabbie for a recommendation in my broken spanglish and he drove me to the Hotel Tanausu.

LOCATION:
As previously mentioned, the hotel was about a 10 minute drive west of the airport. Do not pay more then 25,000 bolivares for a ride. Negotiate FIRST! The area of town called Catia La Mar was highly active at night with hundreds of people out on the street. The hotel itself is right on the water front, so I did get a good view.

ROOMS:
The room was tiny, approximately 15 ft x 15ft square with a small but clean bathroom (one of the cleaner bathrooms in Venezuela that I had been at). The room had AC, a tiny 13" TV on the wall, clean sheets, a stool and shelf. My room was #32 and located on the street-side of the third floor. It was a bit noisy but I'm a deep sleeper.

PRICE:
I paid 110,000 bolivares for the night, so depending on which exchange rate you want to go with (Official to Black Market), it ranged between ($55 to $35) for the night. The Tarif was posted so their was no need to negotiate this price.

AMENITIES:
There was a tiny restaurant/bar inside the hotel which served good carne, plantanes, and yecca. The place had a single free internet station with good speed. Taxi Service was at the hotel and the hotel had good security (read: a night watchman and chain linked fence). Additionally, the room comes with 2 towels.

All in all, it wasn't a bad place to stay. No one spoke english except the guy who was trying to exchange money with me. I did not venture outside of the confines of the hotel since I felt the safest their.

• Liked — Proximity to the airport
  • Disliked — Unsure of area of town
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
La Candelaria
Hotel Alex
Hotel Alex
#15 of 86 in Caracas

Been to Hostal Tanausu? Share your experiences!