“The best value for money near the airport.”
Review of Hotel La Parada

and 1 more site!
Hotel La Parada
Seoul, South Korea
“The best value for money near the airport.”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I spent along time looking for hotels near the airport as we arrived on a late night flight and no intention of doing anything in Caracas apart from getting a bus out of it. We had heard alot of bad things about travelling on the roads from he airport late at night so we wanted to stay as close as possible then travel into Caracas the next.

From start to finish the hotel was great a spanish friend of mine made the booking for me as the english speaking guy wasnt there at the time but they were very friendly on the phone. The guy was there waiting for us when we arrived with a sign. He took our luggage then asked us if we needed to change money (the black market rate is much better than the official one) we did and he sorted it out no problem, make sure you have US dollars or Euros.

The hotel was lovely and clean in a security gate compound, the room was much nicer than i expected for the price. we had a good nights sleep and checked out the next day. They gave us a lift back to airport the next morning so we could catch a bus into caracas. All the staff were very friendly and helpful and checked again if we needed help changing money.

This place was half the price of the big name hotels and I would recommend it to anyone who need a close overnight stay to the airport

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Partygirl1984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Athens, Greece
Reviewed November 25, 2009

the room was clean and nice , but it was too expensive .

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank NedaAthens
vancouver
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I didn't know what to expect after reading all the up and down reviews of this place. First off, you gotta keep your eyes open as soon as you clear the baggage area and head for the exit. The pick-up guy will be holding a sign with the hotel name on it. He won't be necessarily looking for you, he's got a list on his hand and a handful of people to pick up from different flights. In fact, he may not even be there when you show up, so just be patient and wait for him, he will show up but YOU have to hunt him down. Ignore politely the 10 same dudes that come up to you offering to change your cash or to give you a ride, sometimes they pretend to be from that hotel. Look for the guy with the SIGN. The hotel itself is good for what it is at the price it costs, no complaints there. My room was clean, all areas were clean, the staff (what little interaction I had) was friendly, I slept noise free and the shower was ok too. I'd pick it again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tikkiloc
Norway
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We went here because we had to spend a night to catch a flight the day after. The rooms are okay and the staff are helpsome and nice.
its also WIFI internet on the rooms and an expensive restaurant in the hostel. (so we heard) The hostal is close to the airport (5minutes by car. They pick you up and bring you back to the airport after your stay) which is the good thing, but the bad thing is that the flights are easily heard while the planes are arriving above your room.

When we arrived in Caracas we where prepered for a [--] city, but I wasnt aware that the people inside the airport also where of this quality. Everybody tries to scam you so be alert. The biggest issue in Venezuela is that their currency is no good because of inflation. So bring DOLLARS or EURO in cash. Visa wont do you any good because the banks will give you a fictive exchange rate on 2.1 for 1 USD while the black market gives you about 4 or 5.!
In reallife that means that if you havent brought all the money in USD cash you are gonna spend during your Venezuelean stay, everything is double og tripple the price.
We where planning to stay here for about 3 weeks but are now changing our plans because of this.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hafl
Georgia
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I Stayed for a night with my husband and 2 kids because our flight back home (USA) was at 8:00AM. They wake us with an on time wake up call and the taxi was waiting for the four of us and with our 4 suitcases. People are very friendly, they even offer us coffe in the morning.
Restaurant is clean, kids had hamburguers that night and they said they were better that TGI Fridays.
The Bathroom is very clean and have nice ceramic from floor to ceiling.
I will recommend it - great price for a family.

We love Venezuela, food is great. We will go back next year for sure!

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Traveler-Family-4
Melbourne
Reviewed July 19, 2008

I was very disappointed with this hotel. They kept me waiting at the airport for about an hour before they picked me up and when I finally arrived at the hotel, I found the staff to be quite rude. They said they didn't have room for me there and so I was transported to another hotel, which was in one of least attractive parts of Catia Del Mar, in poor condition and definitely was not worth the $100 I spent for this hotel. I would not recommend La Parada to anyone.

• Disliked — The offhand service
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Amigo25

Travelers are raving about these Catia La Mar hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2008

We (5 0f us) stayed at the La Parada for one night during a layover in Caracas. They picked us up at the airport as promised, and took us directly to the Hotel. It was very late at night and there were desk people there to check us in etc. We got our wakeup call in the morning and were taken back to the airport. The rooms are basic and clean. Very good value for the money, and 5 mins from the Airport.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
#43 of 86 in Caracas
Costa Real Suites
Costa Real Suites
#1 of 1 in La Guaira

Been to Hotel La Parada? Share your experiences!