I was looking for a cheap hotel in Caracas to stay one night during my trip to Los Roques. The preference was for a hotel close to the airport (that is located in Maiquetia, 25km from Caracas) and that included transfer from and to the airport. Hotel Catimar presented both conditions and it was also cheap! But don't get excited... The hotel staff said that there would be a guy inside the airport with a sign waiting for us. When we arrived, where was he? We waited for almost an hour, with many strange guys offering money exchange! When the guy finally appeared, with took the van and got scared with its itinerary. What an ugly place to stay! The neighborhood is very, very simple. We didn't feel safe at all. End of the story: we stayed 16 hours inside the hotel room eating Pringles with Coke as we also didn't feel comfortable with the restaurants nearby, including the hotel one. Yes, it's close to the airport, it offers transfers and it's cheap. But I definitely won't stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's a hotel near the airport. The hotel is in front of the beach. We have a restaurant. We have Wi-Fi and TV in each room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Restaurant Catimar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catimar Hotel Catia La Mar
- Hotel Restaurant Catimar Venezuela/Catia La Mar