“"Feels like coming home”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Posada Cunuri

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ciudad Guayana
Posada Cunuri
Ranked #3 of 10 Ciudad Guayana B&B and Inns
Ciudad Guayana, Venezuela
“"Feels like coming home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We arrived in Caracas without one of our backpacks. It got lost in Portugal at the airport. We had a hard time getting out of Caracas by any means of transportation. No airplane tickets, no bustickets. Luckily we got two bustickets to Puerto Ordaz that were not confirmed by the people who were supposed to take this bus. As we don´t speak Spanish, it was very difficult for us to arrange our itinerary. Due to the fact that we booked a trip in the Orinoco Delta it was imperative that we were able to leave that day and we were forced to leave Caracas without our backpack. Tired from all the hassle and frozen because of the airconditioning in the nightbus to Puerto Ordaz we finally arrived at Posada Cunuri in Puerto Ordaz. We already had a reservation in this posada but were not able to spend that night because of our trouble getting out of Caracas so we had to spend the night in the bus.We received a very warm welcome and despite of missing the night in the posada we were pointed to our room for a hot shower, some relaxing until checkout time and a great breakfast afterwards. It felt like coming home in this posada. Clean, spotless rooms, when you open your room you smell immediately that it is well cleaned. The hallways in the posada are very homey, with lots of art hanging on the wall and different nice decorations. Everything is clean, nothing is broken and we even were able to recharge our equipment because of the right material in the room. Perfect! We have seen different posadas in Venezuela, but nothing like this! We had to leave after breakfast but returned after our trip to the Orinoco Delta. This time we met the owners of the Posada, a warm , kind and very helpful couple. They helped us booking and printing our flight to Isla Margarita on the internet. (because of the Spanish language on the booking site) They recommended a restaurant and took us there by their own car. As the restaurant was closed they drove us around and showed us some nice places in Puerto Ordaz. Then they dropped us off at the restaurant, making sure that we got home safely from there by taxi. The owner kissed us goodbye, wishing us a pleasant evening and leaving us astonished by her friendly warm and helpful attitude. We never expected this kind of service, but we feel we were taken under her wings because of our helplessnes in Spanish. Treating every guest of the posada like this would be a lot of work! Staying in the posada felt like visiting family. Even when we were waiting for our trip to the Gran Sabana the next day, the small dog of the owners cuddled up on our lap. Of course we booked another night when we came back from the Gran Sabana. Although we already booked a posada on isla margarita, the owner provided us with an adress of a posada on Isla Margarita. The owner told us if we have any trouble, we should call them as the owners of that posada were relatives. We highly recommend this posada, clean rooms, tv with a wide arrange of channels, lovely decorated hallways, exceptional service and breakfast, and last but not least very friendly owners. We wish them all the best continueing running this posada.

Ork Schoffelmeer and Annette Basten.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Annette B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

We got there late in the afternoon after a busy day. We flew and then traveled by bus. Since we were only there for the night, I did not expect much. Puerto Ordaz is more modern than most of the cities we visited. The outside of the posada looked plain and simple. When we got inside, I was impressed with the interior. My first room's air conditioner did not function well. Within a few minutes after I called, the son of the owners came up to check. Eduardo was very pleasant and immediately moved me to a nice room on the first floor. He, also, spoke good English. He went to school in Boston. He helped me move to the new room. My room had a queen size bed and a twin bed. The bathroom was modern and had a bidet and a good shower. The place was not very big but they told us that we would have free breakafst near the reception hall. There were 24 of us so we expected to eat in small groups. We were all in the same room. There were about 4 staff members plus the owner (Yovana Ramirez) cooking in the kitchen. Breakfast was good. I liked the fresh fruit salad!
The "Posada" had interesting art all over the hallway and the walls. Each room was well furnished and tastefully so with a nice queen size bed and a twin bed. This was the only posada in Venezuela where I stayed in that had a smoke detector and sprinklerr on the ceiling just in case there was a fire. I felt good that they paid attention to details. Judging it from the outside that looked plain, the interior was more modern and very well appointed.
This place was a very pleasant surprise for me. The service was excellent and very friendly. Our house keeper was very attentive. The moment I got in the room, she brought a pitcher of iced water and told me to let her know if I needed anything.
I highly recommend this posada. It was much better than a new hotel I stayed in by the airport in Caracas! It is family-owned and they care about the property and the guests.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, I recommend getting a room on the first floor if you have a heavy suitca...