“Like nothing on earth”

$1,107.00*
and up
5-Day Excursion to Canaima National Park from Caracas
More attraction details
Owner description: This breathtakingly beautiful waterfall is 16 times the height of Niagara Falls and one of Venezuela's top tourist draws.
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Like nothing on earth”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

If you ever get a chance - visit Canaima National Park in Venezuela. The image of the flat topped mountains, the waterfalls pouring into the blood red lakes and the flight past Angel Falls are ones that will stay with me forever. Don't be misled - a trip here, and through (yes - through) the waterfalls is tough at times, but you will be left with an indelible reminder of how wonderful our planet is.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jolly_Bargeman

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Angel Eco-Tours brings it!!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hi, I'm the friend of the friend @ the cocktail party who you kinda hate because I've travelled everywhere on the insider ticket.
To grab a simple gimmick from Facebook:
10 Incredible Things about an Angel-Eco Tour around Venezuela:
1. The Jungle Cooking is awesome!!
2. The puddle jumper flights to and fro made me feel like I'm a Michael Ondaatje heroine and my next touchdown will reunite me with my Italian lover.
3. Paul, the owner/guide, is hilarious and patient and delightful!!
4. Paul schedules a rustic adventure against the luxurious relais, extremely well.
5. The Angel Falls expedition was a "thinking about thinking about thinking" adventure that will never leave me.
6. Sleeping in hammocks in the jungle is a VERY good thing.
7. There is just enough WIFI contact to allow you to breathe properly.
8. The Jungle Cooking is awesome, it bears repeating, I may do it again.
9. Walking behind Sapo Falls @ Canaima was simultaneously so scary and scintillating it was scandalous.
10. I loved the long treks across the Sabana to gorgeous secret waterfalls (Kavak) and it allows one to understand how sublime and transformative Nature can be.
Already naggin' Paul for the next adventure!!!

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Susie P
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Died and did not go to heaven! but was there”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This is a sight to see, to put in your bucket list...you fly there and then take a motorized canoe to your hotel....then the best way is to spend a night at the sight...the Angel's fall are the tallest in the world and are majestic...you are there in the wilderness with nature, God and yourself...plenty of time to reflect, to think and to thank....a nice dinner is prepared for you....the travesy by the river is both fun and spectacular....

Visited October 2012
3 Thank waldobird
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Angel Falls-Uruyen-Kavak-Orinoco-La Cienaga... Wow!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my second visit to Angel falls with Angel Eco-tours. The first time in 2010 I loved it so much I couldn't wait to go back. Going back to Kavak and visiting the canyon again was something I was particularly excited about. It has to be one of my all time favourite places, loving it as much the second time around as the first. Uruyen was the first stop after flying in from Canaima. We were welcomed by the local Pemon people who are very friendly and always helpful. Tips paid to all the locals are well deserved! We hiked to the nearby waterfall on the first day - a good pair of water shoes were a must! After one of many delicious meals we were lucky enough to watch a thunder storm pass by. The trek to Kavak the following day was tiring but well worth the effort once we arrived. The main lodge had been rebuilt since our last visit... A little piece of paradise, sitting overlooking a stunning mountain, river running by (a lovely spot for a swim). The indigenous people are so welcoming, inviting us to try some go their delicacies and the children putting on a singing and dancing show. As a primary school teacher I can't wait to share videos/photos with my class and give them an insight into the culture. The trek to Angel Falls was another tricky one but an absolute must! The views from the lookout point are spectacular, great for photographs and a swim at the nearby pool was refreshing after the hike. This night was spent in a camp opposite, sleeping in hammocks under a tin roof - all part of this jungle experience! Loved it!

A new experience for me was the Orinoco Delta. What can I say... Beautiful surroundings, spectacular wildlife, fabulous experiences: jungle trekking, piranha fishing and seeing first hand how the indigenous people live. We arrived at the lodge when it was dark and it wasn't until the next morning that we realised how spectacular this place was; the view from the back of our room overlooking the river and how close we were to nature.

In addition to the Angel Falls and Orinoco trips we were lucky enough to go back to La Cienaga Coral Lagoon Lodge-a few days of paradise to enjoy snorkelling, sunbathing, relaxing and eating some of the best seafood I have ever tasted. This time, we went scuba diving at some of the local sites with a lovely dive instructor named Caesar. What a great guy!

Our trip was very well organised, moving around by plane, boat and car and seeing the best the country has to offer. Our guides Paul and Ben were both lovely guys, funny and very knowledge about the area. Thank you to the two of them for organising such an unforgettable trip!

Visited July 2013
9 Thank Nicky S
Ciudad Guayana, Venezuela
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Highest waterfall in the World”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Breath-taking landscape!! it's impossible to not feel overwhelmed in this millenary piece of land plenty of wildlife and legendary stories from its natives. Like others just mentioned, travelling to Venezuela is a very serious matter so the best way to get there is going through a specialized travel agency. Most of them will be more than glad to help you with your trip arrangements and provide any information you may require. This is a remote place so travel smart, ask your agency what clothing and equipment you may require. BTW don't forget your mosquito repellent!

Visited October 2012