“Roraima 6 day hike”
Review of Mount Roraima

Mount Roraima
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The tallest tepui (flat-topped, cliff-edged mountain) in Venezuela’s great plains, Roraima’s fog-covered summit has interesting black rocks, pools, gorges and wildflower gardens to explore.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Roraima 6 day hike”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Unlike any other place in the world. The journey of getting there itself is truly amazing. When you get to the top, opt to do Triple Point and see the Pit which is also known as El Faso. The Crystal Valley you see on the way to Triple Point is much better than the valley of quartz in near the entrance of the summit. Try and do a 7 day hike rather than the 6 days to get more time at the top. That extra day makes a huge difference.

Visited June 2012

Luanda, Angola
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The best trip i have ever taken”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I have wanted to trek Roraima for 10years, and was not dissapointed when i did this in Feb2012. my sister and I arranged the trek with backpacker tours, who are a great company to choose to do any trips in Venezuela. Our guide on the trek was named Riley, and was a great guy.
we asked for a porter to aid us on our trek. i advise this if you are not an experienced hiker, as it gets pretty tough towards the end if you are carrying a huge bag (otherwise, the trekking is quite easy if you have good boots). there was such beautiful landscapes it was completely breath taking. pictures do not do this place justice. it was sunny on the way up, and it rained on the way down, so we saw every side of Roraima.
as long as you are in reasonable health, and dont mind camping in varied conditions, you will love this trip. every part of it is amazing.
its probably the only time i will walk UP a waterfall, and a cross a river as deep as i am tall!

Visited February 2012
Curitiba, PR
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“You have to go there”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

It's a unbelievable place! The mountains are amazing! The most common way to get the "tepuis" is walking, it's a 6 days tour and you can choose if you wanna carry all your stuff or if you wanna pay some one to carry for you. You have to buy this tour in Santa Elena de Uairen, and I recomend the agency "Francisco Alvares" ! If you dont like walking and have money, you can go very close the mountains by helicopter.

Visited February 2012
Albertslund, Denmark
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Perfect tropical adventure”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I did the Roraima trek in september 2008. I must say that it is one of the most beautiful trips I have ever been on. Everything was perfect. I went with a local tour company in the town of Santa Elena de Uairén, not far from Mount Roraima. The company was called Backpacker Tours, and offers several tours all over Venezuela. The man in charge is a German called Eric. I can honestly say that I have never experienced the same kind of friendly service in any of my other travels. Eric helped me with everything, even driving me across the Brazilian border when I needed to take out cash from the ATM at Banco do Brazil(no ATM's in Santa Elena), and driving me to the busstation when I came back from the trek. I will never forget that.
We started off driving two hours to the small village of Paraitepui, from where the treks to Mount Roraima start off. The next 4 days we trekked across the savannah, crossing two wide fresh water rivers, making our way towards the foot of the mountain. It was so nice to stop and fill the water bottle by the hundreds of small streams we encountered. We camped at different camps along the way, and the friendly guides provided everything, setting up the tents, and cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner for us. After ascending the impressive jungle covered ramp up the 400 meter vertical side of the mountain, we reached the top where we discovered even more incredible scenery. The top of the mountain resembles the surface of Venus more than anything, a vast plain of strange rock formations and complete silence. There are several possibilities to explore at the summit, including swimming in an enormous pool in a hole, and exploring a big cave. You can also go to the "punto triple" - the border between Guyana, Brazil and Venezuela. I will never forget this trek, and I cannot recommend it enough. When you come from Denmark like me, this was almost like a dream. Just an incredible tropic adventure. The tour is 6 days, and cost 495 euro, depending on the number of participants.

Visited September 2011
Tampa, Florida
308 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 357 helpful votes
“Just Beautiful From Any Angle”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed the boat ride to see the surroundings. The view was breath taking.

The rugged boat ride and the hot and humid weather got me tired.

Visited April 2012