“A Very Busy Restaurant That Specialized in Beef”

Restaurante Don Julian
Ranked #15 of 77 Restaurants in Valencia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Tampa, Florida
“A Very Busy Restaurant That Specialized in Beef”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Twenty Four of us were on a bus for so many hours. That included 20 from Slovenia, two Americans , our driver, and a local guide. When we finally stopped for lunch here, we were excited. I think we were the only English- speaking group that day. It was very crowded. We were seated on the lower level in several tables. Most of the waiters were conscious of their limited English. Two young men spoke better English than the rest of the staff. There seemed to be a confusion as to which waiters waited on which table. After that was settled, we were able to order. Service was slower than I was used to but we got our food. Four of us on our table ordered the beef with sausage, onion rings and French fries. Beef was nicely spiced and cooked as ordered. The sausage had a good flavor, too. To me, they had the best papaya shake. They used red papaya and was not diluted. Getting our bill was slow, too. I thought that it was was a bit expensive for that type of restaurant (very casual). I asked for some Ketchup for my French fries and surprisingly, I was charged extra for a small amount served in an extremely small container. There was live music on the upper level but we did not have time to listen to them as we were headed for another city. If you are in the area, stop by and try it. It was an interesting place.

• Visited April 2012