$55
$23
GH Guaparo Inn(Valencia)(Great Value!)
$35
$35
  • Restaurant
Eurobuilding Express Maracay(Maracay)(Great Value!)
$107
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Lovely hotel with a fantastic design. Great service, friendly, well-trained, willing and helpful staff. The breakfast is excellent and, as it should be, there is a lady waiting to cook your eggs or omelette to you taste. Other hotels in Venezuela seem reluctant to part with their coffee, but the people here actually offer it to you and a refill!
I'm writing this in the bar during "Happy Hour", which involves complementary drinks between 17.30 & 19.30. A pleasure to stay here.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Adydye
Reviewed August 11, 2012

It was a very good surprise to me. It´s a new hotel with very good rooms, excelent breakfast, wonderful concierge, but they need to better their reception. They must be nicer with their guests, but they didn´t it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a couple times now. The first was in December 2010 and then recently in June 2012. The hotel has been kept in good shape and the rooms are similar to typical Embassy Suites "suites"' although maybe a little smaller. Certainly big enough for a couple to spend a week or so.

The breakfast is great and much better than US Embassy Suites. The hotel is in a fairly safe area of town and provides walking access to several restaurants as well as a couple Farmatodos which are a must for buying groceries or supplies. It is not cheap, but is certainly priced competitively with the other upper end hotels in Valencia. Most of the staff is friendly and for those Spanish challenged people like myself, there are many that speak English. Kelli and Jhon in the dining area were very friendly and helpful nd provided excellent service.

There is a lot of street noise as this is Venezuela and there are people that like to stay out and enjoy themselves.... They don't roll up the roads nd go to bed when it gets dark....

Room Tip: The higher up you go, the less noise you will have.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank REVoigt
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Excellent hotel, nice suite rooms. Great restaurant with odd (but acceptable) hours.
Two details to watch for: the hotel is located in a great neighborhood which results in an unsafe environment for the guests (you really cannot walk anywhere because of real danger of being shot)
Also, the constant AC may run you mad, with no chance of a silent moment.
Apart from that hotel employees will do everything in their hand to accommodate your 'oddities' (like 2 desserts).

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My room here is often not cleaned, days when it is cleaned the cleaning lady skips over important things. I often have to call the front desk to order things that should have been left in my room in the first place. When ordering drinks at the bar, sometimes it usually takes 45-60 minutes for them to bring it to the pool, when we were the only two people in the hotel at the time. I ordered a salad from room service after not eating for 14 hours... I was starving and wanted something fast and it took 2.5 hours to get it. I called the front desk 7 times, and spoke to them in person twice.

The rooms are okay, the shower floods a ridiculous amount so I always use 5-6 towels cleaning up the mess afterwards. It is always freezing in my room, even though both thermostats are off. My room always feels damp and my clothes smell HORRIBLE after being in the drawers and closet.

A goodnight sleep is impossible here with constant horns and alarms outside. The hotel is located on a busy intersection so there is always lots of noise. Loud music plays even at 11pm, when people who work are trying to sleep.

Breakfast is not open early enough for us to eat before work. At lunch all of the people from the conference rooms have the buffet and take heaping plates of food, often not eating even half of it, leaving people waiting for the staff to refill the buffet.

Everyday there are multiple power outages, and for some reason when the power comes back on, so does my hair dryer... and if I'm not in the room it will stay on until im back.

When checking in, I had to wait till 5pm to get a room that was reserved. I asked for a single bed and they had none cleaned yet so I just took a room with two beds instead after flying 10 hours and a 2hour drive I Was tired and didn't want to wait any longer (we arrived at 9am).

Vallet often takes 15+ minutes to retrive the vehicle, multiple times having misplaced the keys on the rack. I would have to find my keys myself.

However, staff are very friendly, my room is decent. Happy hour is great: free drinks between 5:30-7:30pm, as well as snacks. The pool is nice (however the fountain has not worked in a week). The gym is decent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business