“Very trendy”

Ranked #24 of 591 Restaurants in Caracas
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: La Castellana
Reviewed June 16, 2012

One of the most popular and trendy restaurants in the East. The in crowd permeates the place and the food is as good as it gets, and its reputation is richly deserved. Varied daily specials, always fresh. Pastas are particularly good, but the menu is varied. One of the best dinner spots but VERY popular for lunch...especially among the "ladies". A place you will bump into all your friends, have a drink at the small but well served bar. Valet parking and location makes this a relatively safe dinner choice.

There are newer reviews for Aprile

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I visited once and that was about 6 months after it had opened. The bar and decor is quite impressive, set in a 1950-1960 local mansion; the place is frequented by local residents and some business people. The food was a bit disappointed, cold dishes that came late and the service was not very efficient either...

Reviewed November 4, 2011

Went with colleagues. Food was great, a friend and I shared the warm eggplant/arugula salad. It was great, the mozzarella cheese was just perfectly melted and everything was really fresh. Then I had the linguini in cream sauce with truffle oil and prosciutto, it was gorgeous. This pretty much eclipsed the fact that we had reservations for a table inside and we were sent outside, only to fall victim of the rain. The water got halfway into the terrace and we had to seek refuge at the bar, but it was so packed we had to stand around the waiter stations. It was REALLY uncomfortable and awkward. Not their fault it was raining but it would have been nice if someone had cared we were getting wet. We did foot the pricey bill, after all. I think at least we deserved to get the table we'd booked, to begin with. However, the food was great and I remember the experience as a good one :)

Reviewed September 24, 2011

When I consider where to go if I am looking for a cozy and reliable food & service, this is when Aprile always comes as one of my top choices. Nice people walking around, getting together like a "in-house" atmosphere, with a small nice bar, with some sofas around.
This is a place popular for artists and similar, that want to enjoy a place where they will not be bothered.
Although the menu is limited, with international-italian trend, the quality and presentation is excellent and always up to the standards of the restaurant.
Definitely, this is a place where I feel at home outside my home, in a reunion-like atmosphere, maybe a bit noisy, but not too much that does not allow you to have a pleasant conversation.
In summary, dependable good food, nice atmosphere for get togethers, and a place to see and to be seen.
Finally: This is not a place to bring young children

1  Thank Oscar Rojas
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This is a very special restaurant in Caracas, it is located in Altamira, a neighborhood built in the early 50’s. It is an ample old mansion with a very nice patio, the have also an indoor salon but is very noisy. The menu has a great variety of Italian dishes and a good wine selection. For starters try the Salmon Martini or the “Ensalada Tibia de Berenjenas” a warm salad with eggplant and mozzarella. Go visit, you will not regret it.