Hotel La Floresta
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Caracas
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2010

When I arrived at the "hotel", I was hugely disappointed when I saw the room and the price that I was going to have to pay for it. Personally I could have got far better accommodation for much cheaper in North America or Europe. The room was over $60 for one night for one person.
The room was tatty, plug sockets coming out of the walls, mildew in places and dated, war torn furniture and carpets. To be frank, I was thankful that I was only going to be staying here one night and had little choice as I had arrived into Caracas in the evening. when it really is not safe to do anything other than find a room, or leave the capital!
The staff were friendly and helpful to me, albeit they did place pressure on me to provide my contact details so they could provide tours of Caracas (That was never going to be an option!). They also, it seemed wanted me to stay further nights at the hotel. I really wish that I had the Spanish vocabulary to tell them that the hotel was a dump.

I am travelling to Venezuela again at the end of December and again I am arriving in the evening. This time around, I am going to take an internal domestic flight to somewhere else as to be honest, the internal flights probably cost the same as staying in a substandard Caracas hotel.
I would advise travellers not simply to avoid this hotel, but to avoid Caracas altogether. The hotels charge exploitative rates for dire accommodation and airport taxis exploit the desperation of travellers by charging over $50 to get into Caracas.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank goddesshekate
Reviewed November 28, 2010

From the bell boy to the chefs, receptionists everyone contributed to making my stay in Caracas a pleasant one. Great experience great hotel, good for the budget traveller. I love hotel la floresta.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank Kfran213
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I came for a photography competition in Caracas with a group of 8 other people, the room I think is average for the range, clean, old furniture, but clean and hot water... overall the hotel was ok. It is very good located.

I came to the hotel in a car which is kind a pain to park and besides that the clerk is very, very unfriendly: I did have a problem with her because I needed to take the car out and ask her who could open the gate and she said "Why should I know" with a very rude tone... so, she really should know!!! so I wait around 40min. until I got my car out (Just for this I wish don´t have the need to go back to that hotel), the rest was ok.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank lisedadriana
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I just checked out of the Hotel and already miss it. I wanted to stay a week but a convention booked up the hotel. I'm now at the Hotel Altamira which is not as nice, more expensive but clean.

The rooms are clean and basic. Mine had a balcony, cable TV and WiFi. The complimentary breakfast was toast, eggs, coffee and a juice.

The hotel is located about 200 meters from the Altamira metro. The area is safe in the day and night but you still have to be careful at night because it is a more affluent neighborhood and kidnappings do occur.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 04274108
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We spent our first night in Venzuela at La Floresta and we´re very happy with it. They are refurbishing the hotel and our room was clean with a very good shower and quiet air con. The staff were very helpful (especially with our poor Spanish) and their taxi driver was ready and waiting for us at the airport which was much appreciated. The breakfast was tasty and the hotel itself was clean, light and well appointed. Caracas is never going to be value for money but we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank duncs85