“Loved the experience”

Ranked #24 of 85 Hotels in Caracas
Miami, Florida
“Loved the experience”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Our experience in Caracas was made better by the service and quality of accomodations provided by the Caracas Palace.
I've stayed at several other city hotels in this country, but they pale in comparisson. If you are traveling for the first time to Caracas, don't take your chances anywhere else. You will not regret it.

• Liked — beatiful building, location, nice rooms
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 22, 2009

The Palace is a nice hotel, as far as rooms and amenities go but unfortunately, I contracted food poisoning from the breakfast buffet. The staff was extremely lazy and unattentive and the food was cold and had obviously been sitting there for hours. Some of the chafing dish flames were out and when we requested fresh scrambled eggs, they threw them in the chafing dish with the old, cold ones. Nothing in the buffet was refreshed when we were there for several mornings and since I didn't eat one thing in Venezuela that didn't come from that hotel, I know that is where the illness came from. I talked to the manager, who was responsive and said he would talk to the chef right away. When we returned home, we had an apology and a check waiting, which was nice of them, but unfortunately the illness didn't do much for the next three days of my vacation. Aside from that, the hotel is quite nice, as are the rooms and the staff, and aside from the breakfast crew, were all quite attentive and pleasant. Since they were so responsive to our complaint, I am fairly confident they made the necessary changes.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Brisbane
Reviewed November 12, 2008

Stayed In Caracas for 4 nights at the Palace. The area feels safe and there is plenty of decent food in the surrounding streets. The hotel itself is very very expensive if you order any in house food or drink and the tax is a double dip, You pay tax on the item and then tax on the check out as well ! New hotel gym is very good and the pool and surrounds are good ..needs a bar or cafe in the pool area, the only way to order a drink or food is room service. Rooms are good clean and well appointed. The level of English spoken by staff is low with a some what surly approach overall its probably the best hotel in Caracas considering the competition.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — a little soviet !
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Miami Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2008

I travel to Caracas often and have stayed at Many of the "luxury" hotels. I believe this is probably the best one. The room was very spacious and spotless with 4 fixture bathroom. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I traveled to Caracas for a corporate event early this summer. From the moment you arrive to the lobby of the “Caracas Palace”, you know you are in a 5 star hotel. The check in process was quick and we were on our way to our astonishing room. The room was both impeccable and well appointed with a king size bed dressed with a duvet covered-down comforter, white sheets, and plenty of pillows, a TV, and a desk with high speed Internet connection. The bathroom’s luxury starts with the marble floor, a marble enclosed shower with a great glass door, a separate Jacuzzi tub, and a terry towel for your use while in the hotel. From the room, I had a view of the “Avila Mountain” and the pool. The pool looks like an oasis in the middle of the city with plenty of tropical plants and flowers. Although I did not use the pool, I saw people sunning, swimming, and enjoying room service by the pool.

While in the “Caracas Palace” I used the hotel’s dry cleaning service for steaming my gown. My dress was picked up at my room and returned in my closet while I was at the hair salon. It was handled with care and it looked perfect for my event. I also used the hotel’s car service several times. The hotel has cars available for hire 24 hours a day. I hired these cars to do shopping around the area, to take me (7:00 pm) and pick me up at the event (3:00 a.m.), and finally to take me to the airport at 4:00 am two days later. You can call the hotel’s front desk and rest assured that they will send you a car with a driver that is safe, knowledgeable, and courteous.

Another amenity that I was able to enjoy while in the “Caracas Palace” was the “Zeus Restaurant” and the bar. The restaurant is elegant, but comfortable. The food was outstanding and the service acceptable for the city. The breakfast buffet is abundant with an impressive variety of fresh fruits, cheeses, pastries, hams, cereals, breads, typical foods like arepas and carne mechada. For those nights were you have time to enjoy live entertainment, the Bar is the place to be. The appetizers are fresh and range from the classic to the sophisticated.

In summary, “Caracas Palace” is the place to be when in Caracas, either for business or for pleasure. I am hoping for another corporate event in the near future so that I can enjoy their facilities once again.

• Liked — The impecable bathroom with a great Jaccuzzi and separate enclosed shower.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business