Caracas Palace Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a luxuriously appointed hotel, nice rooms and pool area. Huge gym with new equipment. Front desk staff is good, bi-lingual, helpful, and check in has always gone smoothly.

Unfortunately, the excellent bar and restaurant "Diagonal" around the pool area has been closed down. That bar had some of the best drinks anywhere and the food was excellent.

The dining room on the 2nd floor is not near as good and is overpriced. Breakfast is OK, but my most recent experience with the restaurant was terrible. I ordered the filet mignon steak, medium rare, but received some sort of a square-shaped piece of beef that was well-done and tough. Appeared to be a piece of overcooked round steak. I sent it back and got another piece of meat that was not a filet, cooked medium. On the third attempt, I got a filet, but it was essentially raw with a warm mushroom sauce poured over it. This was beyond a bad kitchen---it was an insult. I returned the steak and refused to pay.

I also found it a bit incredible that the wait staff in the restaurants and bar speak no English. I can usually get by in Spanish, especially with menus and drinks, but the other two fellows in our party spoke no Spanish and had considerable difficulty ordering. Service was slow.

That was the last dinner or lunch I ate in the hotel. The next evening we walked to El Alazan de Altamira nearby and got an excellent steak, cooked medium rare, and it cost less that the atrocity I was served at the Caracas Palace. I emailed a complaint about the poor food to the hotel, but received no response. Surely in a city the size of Caracas, this hotel can afford to hire a real chef, or at least one who can grill a steak?? I was ready to go back in the kitchen and grill the steak myself.

Room Tip: Cjheck your hot water when you arrive. Let it run for at least 10-15 minutes if you don't have hot water. We had several instances of no hot water as the hotel appeared to be having trouble with its boiler. Unacceptable for a 5-star hotel, but this is Caracas!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelerF291
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was in an ideal location, centrally located with several nice restaurants and shops close by. The hotel itself was of a very high standard and the reception staff were attentive and professional. Unfortunately the same can not be said about the waiting staff in the restaurant. Slow to react most of the time, the breakfast crew were clearly uninterested and not enjoying being on the morning watch! Lunchtime was no different where I waited almost an hour for my meal to be served - which is amazing considering I was the only person in the restaurant.
The rooms were very well appointed but I was disappointed that there was no wi-fi available and had to rely on an ethernet cable which restricted movement.
The swimming pool was magnificent and such a welcome sight at the end of a very busy day. The fitness and wellness facilities were also excellent as were the staff.
I was there for 5 days and despite the the comments made about the restaurant services I would highly recommend this hotel for the accommodation service provided.

Room Tip: If you choose a room on the 8th or 10th floor you are only floor walking distance from the pool and fitness centre which are located on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stuart A
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I spent two weeks in the Caracas Palace Hotel while on a three month business trip to Venezuela. The hotel was fantastic; from the comfort of the room to the overall property facilities. I felt safe as can be and enjoyed their fine location as well as the ever helpful staff. An exquisite experience. I was there at the end of Sept. of 2012 to the first week of October 2012,for two weeks just prior to the election. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. I have travelled for thirty years on business worldwide, and this has to be one of the nicest hotels and experiences I have had while on the road. The other 2 and 1/2 months in Venezuela was spent in a remote area with limited choices, while working on different power plant projects. Given a choice, I would have been glad to have spent the entire three months at the Caracas Palace Hotel.

Room Tip: I was on the 12th floor with a view of the hotel pool below and a wonderful view of the Altimira Park and obelisk as well as the mountains surrounding Caracas. The views were great. The room was exceptionally quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Caracas Palace is probably the city's best hotel, though North Americans may be tempted by the familiar names of Hilton, Marriott, Renaissance.

I have spent years working in Caracas, and compare this hotel to the Marriott, the Lidotel, and the Gran Melia.

The Caracas Palace has the best service, facilities and location. As visitors of Venezuela know, in general customer service is not their strong suit. But the service is great at the Palace - from the front desk, cleaning staff, taxis, and food servers.

The room was very comfortable, with strong air conditioning and openable windows. Large workspace.

The gym/pools/steam bath/sauna area is great.

It is well located in Altamira.

The hotel accepts payments in Bolivares, which means their $450 advertized rate becomes $140 a night when exchanging dollars on the street. The more you exchange, the better the rate. For example, if you want to change $1500 to cover a week's expenses, you'll get a better deal (19 bolivares) than if you want to change 200 (may15-16 bolivares). Check lechuga verde website for actual rate. Trades will charge you at least 2 or 3 less if your going through middlemen such as taxi drivers.

There were a couple of areas for improvement, The internet was slow during the day - I'm not sure if that is a city-wide problem or hotel-specific. As is the custom in Venezuela, they only vacuum the floors before and after you leave. After a six day stay, I noticed this.

Overall, it's arguably the best place in Caracas.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank walNorthAmerica
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the night of the Old Year to the New Year and the room was just beautiful and clean! The New Year's dinner was just fabulous! Breakfast was very healthy and the staff very professional and always nice to the guests. The hotel is next to the elegant Plaza Altamira and the view over Caracas is just wonderful. I felt right away at home and I will surely recommend this hotel to any one traveling to Caracas. Caracas has very nice shopping malls like Sambil in Chacao and el Tolon Shopping Mall at Las Mercedes and dinner at the fine restaurants in Caracas is just wonderful. Enjoy!

Room Tip: It really depends on the quality of the hotel! I recomend 4 or 5 star hotels if you REALLY want to have the best vacation ever! Tip: ALWAYS aks to SEE the room before paying for the room. You can always change hotel is you do not like the room. Always check if the airconditiong functions well.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo