“Excellent experience”

Ranked #2 of 85 Hotels in Caracas
Maracaibo
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed at Eurobuilding Hotel for a couple of nights with my wife and we have no complains regarding service, sleep quality and room.

We find a good deal by booking on internet (executive room at a lower price than a standard room). Everything was in mint conditions in our room, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was just impeccable. We did not try room service, swimming pool or any other hotel facility.

Breakfast was very good, with lots of alternatives. The place was crowded, so we had to wait in line to get a table, other than that, the breakfast service was good enough.

As in others 5-star hotels in Caracas (Tamanaco and Meliá) parking has a very high rate and is operated by a sort of outsourcing company. We asked at the front desk how to get the flat rate and we were told to ask directly at the parking ticket office, we went there and were told to ask at the front desk, finally, we understood that the service is not ran by the hotel itself and that the clerk at the ticket office charges whatever they want (they wanted us to pay for the ticket we got when we arrived and then to pay for the daily flat rate of day 1).

The hotel is located on a quiet area, which is not easy to find on a city like Caracas. Rooms facing the north have a nice view of the runway of La Carlota Airport (which is only used for military purposes) and the Avila mountain. On the downside, many events from outside are held on the hotel (wedding receptions, concerts, exhibitions), so the lobby and common areas are frequently crowded and full of noise (no privacy there).

Accessibility to this hotel is not as good as others five-stars, there is not subway or bus stop near the hotel, so taxis are almost the only way to reach the hotel.

I am sorry for those who find the hotel to be filthy and the service to be bad, we did not try many of hotel's services, but as far as the room is concerned, ours was flawless.

In summary:

Pros: quiet location, great room, nice view, tasty breakfast, great deal on booking.com
Cons: Pricey parking service, crowded lobby

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north overlooks the Avila Mountain and La Carlota Airport. Nice view!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hotel FILTH!!! As a airline emploee I haveseen my share of nasty hotels, but this one tops it all!! Carpets have not seen a vac for week, actualy an emploee told me they don't haveone. Running toilets, dirty sheet with stains all over. Dirty bathrooms with used toiletries everywhere. The worst is that a lot of our crew memembers left with BED BUG bites!!! Hotel refuses to address the issues. Do yourself a favor - STAY AWAY!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 243 and 250 will make you scratch!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Gurgaon
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel is nice and central and is quite accessible. However, I guess this is generally a problem in Caracas, very few people speak English. So if you dont know Spanish, ordering room service or even talking to the concierge will be a major issue

Also, the rooms are run down - the first room I stayed had a lot of issues - it was not cleaned properly, amenities were missing and to top it all off, there was a major hole in the tub - I mean this is a 5 star we are talking about!!!!

Also, the AC is so freezing, I needed to keep it off all the time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

It was the only avaible in town but comparing price vs cleaness and service it's Bad really Bad.

• Stayed July 2012
Richmond, TX
Reviewed July 17, 2012

If I did not have to to stay here for work I would never...ever return. FILTHY....HELL on Earth.
People kept trying to gain entrance into my room all night long. The room is nothing less than filthy...tub does not drain...shower head did not work and front desk act like they do not understand English when you complain.

Room Tip: Stay in the new building if you have a choice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Venezuela
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Recently I stayed at the Eurobuilding Hotel in Caracas for business reasons. The first impression I got after returning after a good 20 years since my last stay is that the hotel is superbly maintained, which is very noteworthy for a country where everything is in near-ruined condition, even newer hotels.
I was assigned a Business Class room on the 1st floor that looked I had been remodeled yesterday and I was its first guess,
Good wifi, very clean bathroom with nice amenities and a very confortable bed..The breakfast was included in the price, and was very varied and tasty. I also enjoyed the pool area, very nice and quiet with nice people around, but with limited eating choices .(plenty of drink options)
Room service was good and food came in hot, as expected.
Check in and out were a bit spotty. It took me 30 minutes to check out with only two gents ahead of me, altough I was on the Business Class special lobby that only handles 1st floor rooms
Other than that, I was very happy to stay there

Room Tip: stay in the Business Class Rooms (1st floor) it has its own lobby
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was warned Caracas was dangerous before I left, and it was confirmed when I spoke to the locals. So I was a bit nervous and felt Eurobuilding as a safe and comforting place to stay. The hotel was very busy with a lot of business travellers. But the service was very nice and helpful. But remember: When you travel, meet people with an open mind and without demands and expectations. You will be served better and have a better experience. The hotel needs a 48-hour advance notice by e-mail if you want to prebook airport pickup services. I took a Official Taxi (black cars with yellow signs on the side at the international arrivals level) into Caracas. The trip took one hour and costs BFE 270 or $40. Remember to change at the official exchange beureaus at the arrival level at the airport. Unofficial money exchange is illegal in Venezuela and will get you the attention of the corrupt police officers.

I've read some reviews here that the AC at the hotel was freezingly low. That is correct. It seems the Venezuelans like it really cold inside, but wear a sweater and you will be fine.

Food and dining was very good. Training facilities are well equipped for a hotel. I've stayd at alot of hotels in the world and it's VERY rare that things are perfect. Five stars or not. But this is a really good hotel in a challenging city.

If you are only staying while you wait for flights, search for something close to the airport. For instance the Eurobuilding Express which is located AT the airport.

Hotels in Caracas is ridiculously expensive. Rating at $200 to $500 for one night. And when you see the city, which reminds me of large cities in Africa, it's hard to accept a price that for one night equals half a years salary for some of its inhabitants.

Breakfast at this hotel was very nice. Again, I've seen plenty of hotel breakfasts and what makes them nice is when you have cooks in the area preparing you omelets, eggs and pancakes. The Eurobuilding had two cooks in the breakfast area.

Anyway. I was nervous before I arrived Caracas. This hotel made me feel safe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caracas
El Recreo