“Good Option If You Don't Know Caracas”

Eurobuilding Hotel and Suites Caracas
Ranked #2 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Reviewed May 2, 2011

For the price and what we saw elsewhere, we were elated with this hotel. It borders on fancy and makes you feel safe in a city famed for being dangerous. Except for the restaurants, they are also leaps and bounds above standard (i.e. super low) customer service standards in the rest of Venezuela. Also has one of the best hotel gyms I've ever seen.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I just stayed one night while in Caracas on business. The hotel was updated. The staff were friendly. The bar area is small but works. The hotel has some shops inside as well. The room was updated and the bed comfortable. I did have breakfast (room service) which was good. Get the fruit plate - large and very fresh. Overall, not a bad stay. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Very nice and clean rooms, located in a safe area and near to all good shopping centers. Great steak at the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I stayed here because of a prepaid promotion on the internet. It's a big hotel, but old, and I didn't like it too much. Maybe because the normal price for this hotel is extremely high, and I didn't find any reason to pay that much for this hotel.
The swimming pool is big, but cold (and old).
The room I had was a bit small, but with a big comfortable bed.
There is nothing in the surroundings, you have to take a taxi to go out because you exit directly on the (highway)street.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2010

My husband and I recently spent a total of 6 nights at the Eurobuilding and can't really fault it. Yes it is expensive and it's not what you might consider to be a 5 star hotel in other countries but this is Venezuela after all. We had both a deluxe room and standard room during our stay and both were fine. Plenty of room with good sized bathrooms and great showers. The beds were amazing, massive and super comfy. There is a fantastic, enormous pool and a small children's pool. The Business Centre is adequately equipped and there is a small shopping arcade including men's and women's hairdressers. On the top floor is a great fitness centre with lots of new machines and free weights, plus a great view out to the mountains. The breakfasts are amazing and there are several different restaurants to chose from in the hotel. The area where the hotel is located also has lots of restaurants and shopping malls. Safe to walk to in the daytime but better to get to by taxi at night. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful but it does help if you can speak a bit of Spanish for all but the staff on the front desk. On the whole if you are travelling to Caracas and want a safe, clean and nice place to stay I would recommend this hotel. It is expensive but we found Venezuela, and especially Caracas, to be quite expensive.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Louise H
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I just came back from my umpteenth trip to Venezuela this year. I had another solid stay at the eurobuilding. I'm just surprised to see all the reviews here that are negative.

First of all, to all you people who say the place is expensive, I recommend you STOP using your credit cards. Chavez has their currency pegged. You're getting screwed. Not by the hotel but by the artificial exchange. You can actually change your money with people in the airport and get more than double the exchange. So, your 350 dollar room would be more like 175 if you paid in cash.

I think to fully appreciate this hotel you have to really understand what's going on in Venezuela.

As for some of the theft you see, its my understanding in my business dealing down there that Chavez has made it illegal to fire people. Period. So it makes it difficult to fire maids who steal. I've had it happen in my business and I can only assume the same is true for the Eurobuilding. They've got cameras everywhere. So I don't doubt that they're at least slightly concerned with your safety and wellbeing.

Anyway, I've been staying here for years. I've stayed at every other hotel in Caracas too. And I can assure you, don't trust the "rankings" here. The Eurobuilding is in an isolated part of the city for a reason...because the locations of all the other "nice hotels" sucks....BAD.

Just figure out your currency situation and your experience will likely be much better.

As for the checkin, god knows what the hell is going on there. The whole country is suffering from a lack of will. So I wouldn't put the employees bad service on the hotel. I think it's just a cultural thing. It didn't used to be that way. Venezuela is falling a part. It's sad. Used to be amazing.

Anyway, I like the Eurobuilding. The restaurant outside is nice at night. They'll treat you right. Great fish dishes. Great brick-oven pizzas.

Thats my 2 cents....again.

Oh...and new fitness center on the 10th floor is pretty amazing. Incredible view.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business