“terrible service, avoid this place”

LIDOTEL Centro Lido Caracas
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I booked two months in advance and requested a quiet room. They put in the front of the hotel, that has loud, booming music until 3 am. No sleep. Would not change my room. I also requested hotel transportation from airport. The guy who was supposed to be there showed up late, looked drunk, and was waiting in a place where he couldn't be seen.

The huge problem is customer service - I've never seen worse.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 4, 2012

Hotel options in Caracas are very limited yet the Lido has a great location.....the quality of the rooms bed, carpet, pillow,towels, has become extremely poor. And it is not chep on price.

Stayed: January 2012
LIDOTELCUSTOMERSVC, Public Relations Manager at LIDOTEL Centro Lido Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

We apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced while staying at the Lidotel Hotel Centro Lido. The comfort of our guests is of the utmost importance and it is because of this that the hotel recently underwent an extensive renewal as it relates to signature bedding, linens, service and amenities. We kindly ask that you contact our customer service department so that we may document your concerns and take note of any additional items that might be necessary to avoid any further discomfort to our guests. We hope you revisit the Hotel Centro Lido next time you visit Caracas and look forward to welcoming you into our home once again.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Had to go to Caracas on business. Hotel was very nice. No problem checking in and was able to arrange transportation from airport to hotel prior to my arrival. Checkin was not a problem. Most of the staff at the front desk spoke minimal english and was able to accommodate any request I had during my stay. Room (Single VIP) was great. King size bed, HUGE flat screen on wall, desk, sitting area with table and 2 chairs, large bathroom with shower/soaking tub. Ate most meals at the hotel during my 3 day stay. Food was average but priced quite high. Considering this is a 5-star hotel I guess you expect prices to be a little higher. Gym on floor 8 is fantastic. Overall no complaints about my stay. Would stay again should I have to return to Caracas.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Nice hotel but the ac is way strong and even if you turn it off it is freezing. And wifi was very week in my room. The loaned me a modem but it didn't help much. Restaurant on 15 ok but not amazing for the price. Nice view. Gym hard to find but on 8. I would stay again despite it all.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Had to go to Caracas for business. The hotel is very well located in the middle of the main business/finance district of the City.
Room: ample, clean, nice touches, very good bed, big LCD TV on room with a lot of cable channels.
Bath products offered: generic, very small soap, so I had to to go to buy some soap (this is standard on all venezuelan hotels)
My big complain really was NOISE. First night, some music from the upstairs restaurant woke me up. Second night was the noise from next room´s TV set. and the third and last night, the noise from a nearby club woke me. I´m a heavy sleeper, and I never have experienced this before in any hotel in the world that I have stayed before.
Upn checkout, I complained and the clerk said; next time you´re here, we´ll put in another section of the hotel...oh yeah , like I´m ever coming back to this hotel..LOL.
Also the included breakfast was the most tasteless buffet I´ve have ever tried, even the coffee was horrible, in a country that has good coffee almost everywhere

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2011

The hotel is nice, good lobby bar and centric location. The rooms are big and clean, but the doors/walls are very thin and you can hear the guests next door. The rate is a bit high for what it is, and I would probably stay at a different location during my next visit to Caracas.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank olgloren
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights over Easter. The hotel is attached to a small mall, which was closed the whole time. It is located in the middle of the business district where there is no retail stores other than the mall, very few restaurants, hardly any people walking around, but a lot of banks and embassies. One block away was Citibank ATM (the only one that gave me money with a Wells Fargo ATM card). The hotel has a business hotel feel. It is upscale, but not luxurious. For example in the bathroom the walls were tiled (not marble) and the shower head and fixtures were not high end. They were gold plated so they looked expensive. The shower had an insane water pressure. The bed linens had Hotel Lido stiched to them in gold. My room had two beds. The other one was very hard (typical to Latin America) and the other one softer. The rate included a breakfast buffet, which was a great deal since the official exhange rate is very expensive.
The hotel is mainly Spanish speaking. Only the main receptionist spoke English. The other staff did not. 3 out of 4 mornings we had a great waiter. One day the waiter gave us no service so I think the service depends on individuals. We walked to the nerby Embassy Suites to get some tourist information in English. They are more geared to a tourist with advertised tours and taxi rates posted. The Lido looks much nicer than the Embassy Suites. Loved that the Lido has a business center with free internet and 4 computers. The only negative about the hotel was that when we just checked in there was a noisy family in the room next to us and we asked to change rooms. You could hear everything through the walls. After we got a new room we had a great nights sleep.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank givemesunshine
LIDOTELCUSTOMERSVC, Manager at LIDOTEL Centro Lido Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for talking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback as we continue to strive for excellent service. We hope to see you again soon.