“Poor maintenance”

Altamira Suites
Ranked #18 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Reviewed January 31, 2012

In my suite:
The waste pipe of the washbowl/sink is leaking into the bathroom.
After reporting to management, the maintenance staff was not able to repairt it;
instead the staff placed a towel on the floor .....
Room was quite old, not worth the expensive price!

Business Center:
friendly staff, 3 PC for free internet
WLAN/WiFi: did not check for it

Room Tip: Suitable only for business travellers Choose higher floors due to street noise In walking distance...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SalsaLoco
There are newer reviews for Altamira Suites

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I agree with some of the reviews in the sense that the rooms are dated and dirty. They explained -after I'd complained- they had two kinds of rooms. They seem to believe anything not called "premium" can be dirty and generally non-standard. This is barely a 3-star hotel if you're unlucky to get what they call "regular" rooms, and perhaps 4-satr if you get the premium rooms. Having travelled widely, I had never been to a hotel that claims to be 5- star yet discriminates between room types in the same building, and worst of all, equates simplicity to shabiness and poor service. Avoid it if you can.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed at Altamira Suites for 3 nights on business. Overall I was pretty disappointed - I travel with work a great deal, and this hotel would definitely not fall into the 5-star category in most people's standards.

The rooms are quite dated, with chipped furniture, and cracked and dirty tiles in the small bathroom. The TV only appeared to have two working channels, and the wifi didn't work at all anywhere other than the lobby, which was very irritating. I always find it frustrating when hotels provide no information in the room, i.e. breakfast time, restaurant menu, where the pool/bar is located etc - there was no information available at all. The air-conditioning was extremely loud (to the point where it was difficult to have it on at all overnight).

On a more positive note, the location is good and the hotel is pretty secure (which seems to be what partly justifies the high price). The pool is lovely, and the view from the rooftop bar is fantastic (as is the inside area). The rooms are very large, and the bed was comfortable. The staff are helpful and friendly. But overall, I'm afraid I didn't feel that these positives added up to the high rate they charge.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Everytime I have to travel for business luckily I have stayed in very good hotels. I saw this one over the internet before arriving to Caracas and I thought it was going to be a good one too, but no. It's not a bad hotel, but I expected a LOT more from a 5 stars hotel.

The service was average, I even had a problem at arrival because they didn't understand I was arriving 2am of the day my reservation was made (early check in) so my room was not ready, it was taken. They gave me another room and it felt it was the old room no one wanted. Everything was extremely old, the TV wasn't flat screen (do they even still make them?). That first day, the water began to filter from the WC and everything was wet. The took more than 2 hours to come to fix it.

The location of the hotel is Ok and I really can't remember any amenities.
The best: The restaurant, they have tables outside, beside the pool and the food is very good.
The least: the bathroom, the shower was tiny and too old.
I really won't like to go back.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Eileenesca
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I am now 33years old, I was 16 traveling with my father and had the best time. Wonderful people, places and would reccommend this hotel to everyone.
My stay was in the 90's but hey I plan on visiting very soon.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2010

it's more likely a 4 stars than a 5 (but it is common in Venezuela), and located in a very safe and quiet area (for Caracas Standards ...) you can walk paying attention even at night ! high speed free connection LAN and WIFI. full furnished, small pool too close to restaurant. great food not overpriced if you consider the quality. clean and confortable but quite noisy from street and airconditioner. you must be enough tired to sleep well...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2010

I stayed here for one week. It was safe, secure, clean and convenient. The rooms are not ultra nice, but nice enough. I slept on a couch bed while my roomie took the bed and I was very comfortable. We were in a regular suite on the 6th floor, which was very spacious. The suites on the 17th floor were even larger. It WAS a bit noisy from the street, even on the 6th & 7th floors, but I got used to is. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet each morning, and one night they were serving sangria in the lobby. Loved it so much we ordered some for a gathering in our room later. Ask for a mountain view room.

• Stayed: January 2010