1,165 results
All reviews el recreo nice hotel shopping mall arepas venezuela perspective country attention personnel
Reviewed February 12, 2018

hotel is safest hotel in Caracas and is hotel with best service,with good breakfast,rooms are spacey with good beds,seating area with small table,you can see that Melia was best hotel in Caracas,glamorous but with age lost a bit its shine but it is still nice hotel worth to spent some nights there

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank ronimex i
DixonBecerra, Guest Relations Manager at Gran Melia Caracas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel in the city of Caracas-Venezuela

We are very grateful for giving us perfect rating in this forum and your good comments, your comments reinforce our commitment to continue providing authentic and exceptional experiences to all our guests. We are very pleased to have had the opportunity to exceed your expectations and have given you unique moments with our services during your stay in our hotel.

Jessica Contreras

Reviewed December 1, 2017

AN EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME.

Would I recommend this place? - You bet it! I can hardly recall anything at least remotely similar and fun.

That sometimes they don't have bread or dilute orange juice with water till it's barely recognizable can be explained by the whole environment, but some of the aspects are truly gems seldom to be found:

1. You'll never feel alone in this wonderful place: the company of cocroaches is guaranteed to frequent you whenever you feel lonely.

2.The disgregard of what you ask for from the majority of staff, especially at the reception desk (95% of cases) is formidable. They literally don't give a... erm... anything about what you call to ask them for. If what you need cannot be done at once without you leaving the desk - it won't be done.
Even if a camarera has unplugged the fridge in your room, causing a deluge of a truly Biblical scale, you'll have to call for days for someone to come and clean up the mess.

3. The only place I've seen where the hotel staff after visiting your room in your absence can forget to close the door. On the contrary, can leave it wiiiiiiide open.

4. Jeez, you may not have orange juice or bread - that's OK, but why is food so often already sour when served? To have spoilt fruit at breakfast is a trademark.

5. The gym is literally falling apart - you have to pick up the nuts and bolts from the excercise machines when you use them.

6. The leftovers from the staff's meals are left on the staIrcases are left there to mold, seemingly, for weeks and months.

7. The pool also sometimes asks for some repairing, usually showing it by the underwater lamps swimming up to draw some air and expose the orange "DANGER OF ELECTRIC SHOCK" sign.

8. Whenever the ceiling in the corridor starts to drip, the staff just puts there more plants, riiight under the leak, so you get the complete rainforest experience.

As for the rest it's your regular well-earned two starts, nothing more, nothing less.

Staying there is unforgettable. Unregrettable either.

By the end of my third day, I was furious.

By end of the first week (of the two I enjoyed being there) - I was laughing my everyting off - it's like a regular comedy movie - something of a real-life "Guest House Paradiso".

A total MUST of Venezuela.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank t1ttytw1ster
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

I went to this hotel on july. I reserved a suite "red label". It has a big and luxury lobby. I waited at the lobby until the hour to check in. During that time a woman came to me and asked me in a gentle way some money for help her to buy medicines. I was in shock because a five stars hotel with so many vigilants and they didnt see the lady asking for money. I didnt complaint to anyone because i felt bad for the woman. My room was very nice and complete, very nice bed and very clean. The main restaurant has few choices in the menu so i ate a club house and an onion soup. The next day and because i had the red label program, i could use the red label room on floor 16th to eat breakfast. It only has one waitress and he was only taking orders to a high goverment's person so, it was to difficult to me to get a good service from him. OF COURSE!!! the only thing that i had his attention was, to get the tip for "his services". I complained to him because i deserved the same attention like the another person. Anyway!!! Instalations are good, rooms are good, fast check in and out, food was ok. Just two bad things to said to my readers.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Andres P
DixonBecerra, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Caracas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear Guest,
Receive cordial greetings from the Gran Melia Caracas, we would like to thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel in the city of Caracas. We want to thank you for the time you have taken to publish your review, we are very grateful for giving us perfect rating in this forum and your comments. Your opinion is highly appreciated, we are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you had in the lobby area and what happened at the Red Level Room. We are very grateful for your comments that reinforce our commitment to continue improving all our services.
We remain at your disposal and await your next reservation.
Dixon Becerra

Reviewed July 18, 2017

I went on a corporate trip to Caracas; Venezuela. Company made the reservation. I arrived to the hotel 45 minutes short for the check in time. Yes; 45 minutes short. I explained the clerk at the front desk I was coming from a long overseas trip and would like to be let into the room. To my surprise, the clerk and the person in charge (I assume is the manager) ask me to pay an extra day or otherwise I would have to wait 45 minutes to be able to access the room.
I had to wait. To my surprise when enter the room, there were no towels, the room was off dated, appliances old, and the bathroom was leaking water all around.
At the evening I decided to go to the restaurant. Asked for meat; there was no meat. Asked for fish, there was no fish. So, I had to wait patiently for the waiter to go and who knows, fight with the cook to be able to find a reasonable dish to offer.

This hotel and please forbid me, is a garbage hotel. There is no other way to describe it. Management is uneducated. They do not look into your eyes and they have no idea what courtesy is about or means. Management seems to be rude to their own employees and that's why I guess the service and the maintenance of this facilities is so badly poor.

Avoid this hotel and go someplace else. That's my best advise.

Room Tip: Avoid it at all cost.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving us your impressions of the service offered during your stay in our hotel.
In response to your observations during your stay, we deeply regret the situation you experienced during the check-in process, we are currently taking corrective action with reception staff and restaurant staff to avoid a similar situation in the future, we also regret not have had the opportunity to correct the incidents presented during your stay; once again we appreciate your comments as they give us the opportunity to improve our services according to your expectations, we are sure that this type of situation will not arise in the future,
We remain at your disposal.
Dixon Becerra.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

I love Meliá Caracas! Sabana Grande is such a charming and convenient neighborhood. I really like that Meliá Caracas is connected to El Recreo Shopping Mall - with many international bands -. You don't even need to go outside if you don't want to. The movie theater in El Recreo is great - 4D -.

The Gran Meliá Caracas is a great luxurious hotel located in the Center-East region of the city. The location is wonderful and the service is very good. The taxis are okay.

The front facade of the hotel needs some maintenance though. The Gran Meliá Caracas is as charming as Sabana Grande. Now I understand why many pop stars stay here.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel in the city of Caracas-Venezuela.
We are very grateful for your comments. We are sure that all our staff enjoyed attending to your needs as much as you have enjoyed your stay
We remain at your disposal.
Dixon Becerra