“A true world class experience”

JW Marriott Hotel Caracas
Ranked #1 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“A true world class experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

For my first visit to Caracas, I have to say that the experience at the JW Marriott Hotel in Caracas could not have possibly been better. It rivaled the best hotel experiences I've had anywhere in the world. From the front desk staff at check-in, throughout my say, and during check-out, it set the standard for others to follow. The bar and restaurants were superb. The hotel breakfast was fantastic. The rooms were spacious and pristine. The hotel itself was safe, secure and comfortable. I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: My room was on the 8th floor and I couldn't hear any outside noise. I believe that the hotel is...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank corporatejetpilot
Arianna C, Marketing Executive at JW Marriott Hotel Caracas, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear corporatejetpilot,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. At the JW Marriott Caracas we are very happy to know you have enjoyed your visit. We certainly were delighted to host you and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed with my husband while in Caracas and Ii had a marvelous experience.

We came with our 1 yr old, and the Front Desk Staff gave me priority and a quick check-in.

Afterwards they offered me a microwave in order to warm up the baby bottles and food while in the room.

Restaurant offered high chairs which made eating a pleasure while with our baby.

Finally AYS was very attentive so as to not forward any calls to the room (exactly to my specifications).

Next time I go to Caracas I will definitely repeat my stay at JW.

Gracias!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed here Friday 17th January for one night before flying over to Margrita Island for the rest of our holiday. Having read reviews of other hotels and warnings of the city not being safe after 10pm I was nervous about choosing a location for our stay. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the airport but there is a lot of traffic around so could take longer. The surrounding location to the hotel was smart and not as intimidating as some of the other areas we drove through.

The rooms were smart, clean and spacious. The bathroom was a very good size and very impressive. Waiting staff do not speak English so well, which is common in Venezuela generally, however the reception staff had adequate skills in the language.

We had a day to kill before flying to Margarita. As I said above I had read the city wasn't safe after dark but had not seen any problems with during the day. We wanted to head into the city and look around, initially the girl on reception pulled a face but didn't say anything more just pointed us in the direction of the taxis. The taxis couldn't understand where wanted to go so they took us back to reception where Francesca advised us it was not safe for us to go out alone so she arranged a city tour for us arranged byJose which was great. Francesca and Barbara were also very helpful in getting a message to our hotel on Margarita Island that we would be arriving late. This was way beyond the call of duty and something we really appreciated.

A very good hotel, and a bonus if you get the right reception staff to help. Only downside was cost for the Internet and no free wifi in public areas but not unexpected as the hotel is geared up for business more than leisure.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Rebekah K
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Excellent service!, thanks for all your attentions. Staff very motivated, delivering an excellent service all the time. Definitely will recommend this hotel for business travelers.
The location is very good, just at the Financial District of Caracas.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Definitely one of the best hotels in the city.

Very well located. Security top notch. Not the cheapest, but definitely get your money's worth with the service offered. I definitely will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Islandre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

One of the best hotels in Caracas. The rooms are big, a nice location (quite a safe one) and the staff is very trained. The breakfast on the executive floors are not excessive but enough. The food is always quite fresh. A good fitness center (with the fresh fruits as a compliment) and a nice swimming pool open until late evening, which is good. One of the advantages of the location is a number of good restaurants nearby. It is also very convenient for the business purposes - a number of offices are also located nearby. Personally I like this hotel more than any other hotels in Caracas.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Arianna C, Marketing Executive. Marriott Venezuela at JW Marriott Hotel Caracas, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Anna C,
Thank you for your post and for sharing your experience. At the JW Marriott Caracas we are very happy to see you enjoyed your visit. We certainly were delighted to host you and hope to welcome you back soon.
aventura
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

In my knowledge of CCS, I recognize that is very difficult in this country to have an excellent service, and I reach it at this hotel. They have a very motivated people who make a superior work for their guest. We feel that they have a good manager who is doing his work and very professional workers.
The foods and restaurants are fine, especially the breakfast. At night they have some jazz music ensemble who play to the guest.
In the other hand I think that it is the time to begin some refurbishing to the rooms and bathrooms for an " update" and specially in the elevators of the building who are slow and the brakes are noisy and strong.
The location is very good, and transport system is very convenience for this location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Arianna C, Arianna C, Marketing Executive. Marriott Venezuela at JW Marriott Hotel Caracas, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear danalbo,
Our staff is delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay at the JW Marriott Caracas and that our service was suitable for your busy schedule. We are glad you enjoyed our Grill and Jazz night and hope to host you again on your next visit to Caracas so you can enjoy some of the other great themed nights we offer our guests, as well as our Sunday Brunch special. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.