JW Marriott Hotel Caracas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Dallas(Caracas)
Hotel Crillon(Caracas)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe executive loungeel rosalthe entire staffbusiness tripbusiness centerhotel restaurantrooms are largevanessaheribertogymcitycountryattentionpersonnelinternetsafetybell
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am in the hotel now after an OK night's sleep - one of the only easons I gave it even two stars is the beds are still nice. However,when I walked in the room, the curtains had fallen down and were balled up in a corner and the rest were hanging at a sorry angle, ready to fall if pulled. How did this room get serviced and who said it was 'ready" for a guest?. At $300 per night (corporate rate) one would expect bettter. I called down to complain and a "tecnico" was sent up to reset the drapes on a few rungs so at least they kept out the light. Wish I had a camera to post the lopsided results. Anyway, when I opened "the drapes" this morning, I was shocked to find windows so dirty I could hardly see out of them anyway. This is just sad. The rest of the hotel is outdated and ugly. Most of the serivce is pleasant but still oddly demanding giving the circumstances. If it weren't for the fact that I stayed in the JW Mariott in Bogota last month, so I KNOW they can do better, even in Latin America, I would write off this hotel chain forever. The JW Mariott in Bogota is an absolute dream. So why this? I am gussing it is because of the state of the country and the fact that most businesses can't repatriate any profits. I do understand that as my business has the same issue. But still, if you have all of the money stuck in the country why not use it as advertising for the rest of the Mariott chain? Why stick your oldest and most loyal customers, the ones who are in this country through thick and thin - with a bad experience? Fine, don't redecorate. But fiilthy windows (I mean filthy) and falling down drapes are inexcusable at this price. I wouldn't expect that from a two star pension.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank KMNLosAngles
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hotel is not bad. The pool is somewhat and nice and so are the rooms, but the restaurant has the worst food I have ever had (I'm not kidding). I've tried every single item on the not very extensive menu and some dishes were unedible. I have to stay there for business, but now I never eat there except the breakfast buffet (which is like any other buffet, eggs are hard to mess up). If you stay here DO NOT eat in their restaurant for lunch or dinner- more than disappointed you'll be grossed out.

Room Tip: No spa. Rooms all the way to the top are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Spent two nights there, country in mourning so spent whole time in hotel. The room good and bed excellent. Only one lift worked in my section, other one stuck coincidentally on my floor. The working lift was overworked and frequently doors went into rapid close mode. Several times had to get in the way of the door to prevent elderly people or kids getting hurt. Room service efficient and staff do try to help out with your problems

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pro: Location, Breakfast, Bar Food.

Cons: Expensive, Outdated.

The staff does try its best with what they have. front desk is a mess with complaints form all over. Across the street they have a bar with some live music. Food is real good and nice music to keep you entertained.

I will be looking at other options on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Can't think of many things positive about this hotel. It's dated and a complete rip off. Only one restaurant open despite advertising two. Lifts are very noisy and kept me awake all night. Prepaid for the rooms but then told on checkout that the rate had changed and we had to pay about 15% more!!!!! One to avoid in my opinion.

Room Tip: Away from the lifts and a high floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Roberto M, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Guest.

We are sorry you had a bad experience during last your visit with us. On behalf of the entire staff of the JW Marriott Caracas, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences. Please feel free to contact us at: mhrs.ccsjw.dops@marriotthotels.com; to understand in detail your problems and this way we can take the pertinent measures, so we can best serve you and other guest in the future.

We really hope you can visit us again in the near future and give us the opportunity to erase that bad memory in our hotel.