See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the intercontinental Tamanaco in Caracas.. Please note that this hotel was once considered top notch of all hotels in Caracas. But times have changed and it seems that the management does not invest in maintenance as needed. The pool was not properly cleaned. The restaurants were closed .so be aware before you make a reservation. The upside is the location its right nr the upscale las Mercedes avenue. With the finest restaurants and nightlife that caracas has to offer

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank abrahamkiss1352
ICTamanaco, Director de Relaciones Públicas at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Dear Abraham,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the hotel as the place you wanted to spend your visit in our city.
As you mentioned, times have changed and we are constantly struggling to provide an outstanding quality service that we have always provided since day one.

We are going to take your comments into consideration to provide the best attention to all our guests.

Rebeca Madrid
Communication and Avertising Coordinator

Reviewed December 24, 2017

I first stayed at the Tamanaco about 25 years ago, and have never been disappointed when staying there in the meantime. Even in the current situation, the staff are as friendly and efficient as ever, which is quite an achievement in the circumstances.

Room tip: Try the 8th floor
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Martin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a feedback in this platform.

We hope you choose us once you visit our city in another opportunity.

Rebeca Madrid
Communication and Advertising Coordinator

Reviewed December 13, 2017

One of the best breakfast I ever had in my life. Their facilities are good. This is a very old and traditional hotel. However they keep it updated. I recommnet this hotel to anybody going to Carcas for business or vacations.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

I was treated really well and the staff did their best to make my stay a pleasant one. I got a clean and quiet room in the renovated 3rd floor, access to club lounge with breakfast. The wifi worked fine. The swimming pool is deep and awesome. Everything I needed was provided for.
So there are a few minor flaws here and there, but thats the case nowadays for the whole country, and certainly the other hotels as well. As a frequent traveller with pretty high expectations I really felt welcome at Tamanaco: they try to do their best.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Management response:Responded February 15, 2017

Dear "Kim E"

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are glad to hear you received exceptionally warm and friendly service from our staff and that you enjoyed you stay in our Hotel. We are glad you have consistently enjoyed our excellent location, and well-maintained facilities.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel, very secure, great breakfast, comfortable firm bed.... bathrooms a little small, beautiful view of the city
And the mountains... staff is friendly and helpful ... great sushi bar in the evening ...

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Management response:Responded February 2, 2017

Dear "Simon M"

Thank you for taking time to post your review and for the kind feedback. I am glad you had a good stay. We are always grateful to hear when our guests enjoyed their stay with us which inspires us to continue looking for new ways to impress our guests and provide exceptional service.

We appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back to Caracas!

Warm regards,