InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas
$259
$112
$60
  • Breakfast included
Gran Melia Caracas Hotel(Caracas)
$148
Hotel Alex(Caracas)(Great Value!)
$58
Hotwire.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstraditional hotelvery nice hotelswimming pool isother hotelscurrent situationcircumstances
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hello!
I recently got married and we wanted to spend some times in the city. we decided to make it at the Tamanaco hotel because is a classic. one of the biggest icon of the city.
the rooms were amazing, the service, the meals. excellent. we also enjoy at the pool with some friends and was an incredible day.
highly recommended!!!!

Room Tip: select the new rooms at the third floor. the best!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear "bellesica1"

Thank you for your review about your great experience in our Hotel.
We are glad to know that your experience was pleasant. It is always a pleasure knowing that our guests enjoy their stay.

Best Regards,

Vanessa Perez
Gerente de Guest Relations / Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed December 22, 2013

New rooms are ok, but you can get a much better one in any other 5 star hotel for a better price. Breakfast service is frustrating, you can stay in line waiting to enter the restauran for about one hour on sundays. Parking lot service is the worst, they can make you pay twice or if you are smart enough you can skip paying it because they are a mess. This must be one of the worst 5 hotels in Caravas, it is not worth your money

1  Thank Ramón B
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking time to let us know your concern, Please be assured a record comment will be kept in the management offices and will be taken into prior consideration for brand standards evaluation, specially regarding the time in line to take the breakfast and the Parking Lot service . I’m confident we will take the appropriate steps to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of all our future guests, I wish you could send your details to my email: daniel.reyes@ ihg.com to find a way to solve your problem and to offer a solution for future stays with us.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed there 6 nights. The bed si good although I was in the oldest room or at the least the old side. TV is not flat, minibar so noisy and the closet small. But among the minibar it is quite slient. But then the problems. Bathroom, old old old. The W.C looks like a public bathroom, the shower/bathtub, the water seems to be clogged but it just takes forever to work ok. Water is hot that is good. The mirrors not in perfect shape. Since the curtain is not plastic, there is a smell always in the room. The carpet also old.

The elevators are slow, it is faster to use stairs even though I was in a sixth floor. And also the service is slow, Saturday I asked to check the shower, no one ever came. Then Sunday I left in the morning and in the afternoon the room was not attended by housekeeper.

Now the bright side. Big yard, pool, the restaurants are excellent. There are taxis outside with fixed rates,

Despite what they say about Venezuela it is not as dangerous as they say.

I'll recommend this for business and small times.

Room Tip: Ask for new facilities
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear canorace,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the elevator and the bathroom conditions have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a Hotel you will make your own opinion however it is very expensive , security is very good but don't go out at night unless it is by car as safety is a major problem especially since the control in Caracas has changed , daytime is OKbut still use taxis for your own safety as thisvisva barrios area, but the food and accommodation are second to none, best of luck if you go, if you decide to,go drop me a line and I will give you more data.

Room Tip: Book early and well,in advance of your travel dates the rooms are all excellent
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mahu463
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear "Mahu463"

Thank you for share yor experience in our Hotel. I am very glad to know that you enjoy be our guest, it is a pleasure give you the options to feel safe and confortable in our instalations. We hope to see you soon back.

Best regards,

Beatriz Vergara
Guest Relations Manager
Hotel Tamanaco InterContinental Caracas

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice (1 night and 2 nights) during my transfers in/around the country for business. The hotel clearly had seen much better days in the past however they are long gone. It did not look like it was maintained or even cleaned at all for the past few years. It might be OK for a "no star" hotel but it is not acceptable for a hotel with 4(?) stars. There is a constant odor (humidity/rust/smoke/other) in the rooms. A/C makes a lot of sound but it does not do anything other than propagating this odor. You can see cut-out ceiling pieces in the hallways probably to fix some piping but left open/forgotten. On a bright side, the pool is good. It does not look very well kept but the water is clean. It is quite big and is a signature of the better times in the past. The grill restaurant is OK, but over priced. The breakfast buffet looks rich but the food is not tasty or high quality as it could be. If you drink tap water, there is a strange taste indicating rust or other contamination but I did not get sick. The hotel is safe which is important in Caracas. The staff is helpful in general but I was denied to check in to the hotel at 2:40 pm since the check-in time was 3:00 pm! This never happened to me before in all my travels around the world. In short, I believe you can find a much better place for all the money you will pay at this hotel which needs major (I mean a "major") renovation. [Note for the hotel staff: please do not write a response to this review apologizing for the shortcomings and trying to fix it electronically. Instead fix your property and services. Thanks!]

Room Tip: Prefer a higher floor with poolside view. It looked like there was some work done at lower floors.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bassit303
HotelTamanaco, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear "Bassit303"

Thank you for your comments about your stay in our Hotel. We must offer you a apology even when you do not want it, because we accepted that need to improve, and step by step the changes it will be doing. Hope you reconsidered stay hear again to let us know the new experience.

Best regards,