InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas
$45
$98
$90
  • Breakfast included
Gran Melia Caracas Hotel(Caracas)
$110
$104
Priceline
Hotel Alex(Caracas)(Great Value!)
$58
$159
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $235/night.

$169
JW Marriott
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

$314
$259
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $291/night.

All reviewstraditional hotelvery nice hotelswimming pool isother hotelscurrent situationcircumstances
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The only one cheap thing you will find in Venezuela is the Gas. If you drink gas, ok. The prices are very high at no good service quality. At this Hotel we had a problem with our Expedia Reservation and only after many calls it was solved. The quality is not the same as the price.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marciobrasilia
HotelTamanaco, Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

Dear Marsio,
We are so sorry for your experience in our country.
The economic situation is difficult for all the industrial sectors now, but we are working for provide a better product, according with our prices.
Actually we have the same standard price for room of all the others hotels in Caracas.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Too many problems. Reservations desk full of customers, waited long time. Rooms too small. Big pool but bot private enough. Food OK but waiters not very friendly. Was told best hotel in Caracas but it fails miserably. Only good this is that is located near las Mercedes where there are many restaurants. Of course with bthe Chavez situation every place lacked something. I am sure it was better before.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Josebsan

Dear Mr. Jose,
We know already that the situation of our country is a little difficult right now, but we are working for be better in our product and service.
We are sorry about your experience, and we promise that the next time will be better.
Thank you for your review, we will alert to all the departaments involved.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

I've had to stay at this hotel several times since the company I worked for made me stayed there, but I work in hospitality and customer service and I must say this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, the restaurant stuff is pretty rude and some of the front desk have no manners as well, the hotel itself is somehow nice, but the overall experience makes it a place you never want to go back to.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
HotelTamanaco, Manager at InterContinental Tamanaco Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Dear Charlita,
We already answer you by DM, but again, we apologize for this bad experience.
We will be waiting for your answer.

Silvana Natale
RRPP Director

Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed at the Tamanaco twice within a week because my hosts in Venezuela made a reservation for me there. Although I had read the generally unfavorable reviews of the Tamanaco prior to my departure for Caracas, I was still willing to keep an open mind.

On my first two-night stay, I thought that the other poor reviews of the hotel might have been a bit harsh. I had a nice room, the front desk attendants were pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast was delicious. I agreed that the furnishings in the guest rooms were a bit dated and tacky, but overall, my room was comfortable, clean, and generally nice.

And then...

I returned to the Tamanaco a week later at the conclusion of my stay in Venezuela. The room to which I was assigned was definitely not of the same quality as my room the week before. The carpet was dirty, stained, and tattered. The furniture and the closet doors were old and scratched up. The window had been left open, so there were many mosquitoes in the room. I asked the front desk if I could get a renovated room, or a room similar to the one I had had the week before. The attendant insisted that my room was in the same category as the one I had the week before. The two rooms might have been in the "same category", but there was a definite difference in the quality between the two rooms. As other reviews on Trip Advisor have stated, the quality of the room I had on the second visit was more like a budget motel than a room at an InterContinental hotel.

The coup de grâce was when I checked out. The front desk attendant presented me with a bill that far exceeded my actual charges. Even though we could both see the itemized bill for my meals and minibar expenses, the amount he wanted to charge me was 536 bolívares fuertes more than my actual bill. I refused to sign for the charges. The attendant attempted to correct the bill, admitting that there was an error, but then he said that he did not have the "authority" to override the mistake. He continued to say that it was a "system error." His only attempt to rectify the situation was to offer me credit for a future stay at the Tamanaco. I declined the offer because I do not intend to be in Caracas any time soon.

I needed to go to the airport for my departing flight, so I asked the attendant to have the general manager contact me via email to address the mistake in the charges. To date, the general manager has not contacted me, and there has been no apparent effort by the Tamanaco to remove the overcharge.

There is no itemized list of expenses that would justify the overcharge. If the management at the Tamanaco does not contact me to remove the charges, I will be in touch with my credit card company to dispute the charges. I have all the paperwork that shows how much I actually owe, so I can prove that the charges billed to my card by the Tamanaco are a mistake.

In summary, the Tamanaco has the ability to provide good service and a comfortable experience, but it is not consistent. You may get a nice room, or you may end up with a sub-standard room. The most troubling thing about the Tamanaco is the billing error and the lack of response by management. While mistakes sometimes happen, it is the responsibility of the hotel to admit the mistake and solve it quickly to the guest's satisfaction. So far, the Tamanaco has failed to do this. Until they do, I wouldn't recommend the Tamanaco to future guests. The price of staying at the Tamanaco is way too high to have such inconsistent and poor service.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Anthony W
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed at the Tamanaco Oct. 24-28, 2011.
Its still a landmark but the age of the property is showing. Even though its a "non-smoking" hotel, you can smell cigarrette smoke in the hallways.
My room was very small, had stained carpeting, leaking toilet, A/C not working properly and none of the issues were fixed after reporting them.
Word is, the Gov't has a hand in the hotel now-a-days...not surprisingly, it shows.

With many Good hotel options in Caracas today - I'll never stay at the Tamanaco again!

Room Tip: You have to be an Intercontinental Ambassador to get an upgrade - only way!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business