“You must have plenty of time to lose and a lot of patience”
Review of Posada de Teresa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caracas
Posada de Teresa
Ranked #8 of 16 Caracas B&B and Inns
Caracas, Venezuela
“You must have plenty of time to lose and a lot of patience”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I called the place 3 weeks in advance to learn the details, prices, how to pay, etc. Seven days before the established travel date, I called to make the reservation and request transportation (galipan is on a mountain and you can't reach it by regular car). I also asked for the number of the account to make the deposit. 2 days later I called to confirm I made the deposit and some guy answered the phone confirming the reservation for room number 2.
The day we were supposed to go, I called 45 minutes before the agreed time to confirm I was going to meet the transport guy. To my surprise Teresa told me we were not booked for the room I specifically asked for.
However she managed to accomodate us in another room.
Then the transportation issue started. We waited until 1:30 (agreed time) and i called her. She told me the person who was supposed to pick me up was complicated, but she was sending her son...that of course would not arrive at agreed time. We waited until 2. At 2:10 we called Norma again. And then she told us his son's car broke and she was trying to find us someone else. At 2:40 we finally met the guy who was supposed to take us to the hotel. We had to wait for another family, but I though at least the price would have been split by 5 instead of us 2 (that didn't happen of course)
By the time we got to la posada I was already a little upset. We were greeted by Teresa and another man, Octavio, a very nice person.
He took us to the room recently assigned. This room had one queen bed, a sofa and a ladder to the upper level where there were only small matresses on the improvised wooden floor (never cleaned before and full of spider webs).
The bathroom gave the impression it had never been cleaned before, with holes in the walls and ceiling that clearly indicated any insect could crawl in.
Dinner was ok. Only one option for drink and eat, but it tasted good.
Sleeping was terrible because right next to the room, there was what I think was Teresa's room. Someone was playing salsa till very late...
The next morning we had breakfast and requested the returning transportation at 3:00 pm.
Obviously we waited a lot. At 5:40 pm (only 2 hours and a half of delay) the car that was driving us back, finally arrived.
Even though Octavio was a very nice gentlemen, I would not recommend this place.‎​

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Elisa1609

Solo
Business
islamanare
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed one night at the Posada Teresa on the first week of January 2012. I took my husband and our two adult children for some family time. We were greeted by a gentleman who identified himself as Pedro and showed us to our room. We arrived at night, had dinner and went to sleep. Dinner was ok, staff very nice and polite but that`s about all the good things happening in this place. Dinning area is dirty with spider webs on the corners and a lot, a lot of visible dust. Hadn´t it been 10pm I would have gone back home. Giving the cheerful spirt of my companions, I tried to focus on the good things of the place which can be resumed in two words: climate and view.
Room. Furnished with 1 queen size bed and a bunk bed, 2 nightstands, linens, pillows blankets and 4 towels. Bed was not comfortable, bunk beds too short, pillows are worn out.
The bathroom is very tiny, the shower was dirty. The worst of it all is still to come. There was a party that night at the grand salon which could be heard as if the band was playing inside my minimal room. After the party, we could hear the phone conversation our neighbour from the floor upstairs was having with his compadre.The floors, made out of wood, are so thin we could hear everything. Our neighbour walked us thru all the details of the party while he and his wife/girlfriend talked and walked from one side of the room to the other until finally they decided to go to sleep (4am) I was praying they would do just that; thank God they did.
In the morning and as soon as we spotted some of the staff members , we requested a ride back to the city and were told that our transportation would pick us up at 10am. Longest 3 hours ever.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank islamanare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caracas
El Recreo
Costa Real Suites
#1 of 1 in La Guaira
El Rosal
JW Marriott Hotel Caracas

Been to Posada de Teresa? Share your experiences!