“cultural space”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“cultural space”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

In the middle of 2 big avenues with lot of traffic is this nice cultural space with spectacular gardens, trees and flowers, is and old farm from caracas, when you are inside you wont believe you are in Caracas. You can have free wifi space...

Visited December 2012
3 Thank VeneTravelgirl

• Polish first
Istanbul, Turkey
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“So lovely”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

There was an art exhibition and a concert when I went there. Ambiance is really fine and nature is great of course..

Visited May 2011
1 Thank ManolyaF
Brasilia, DF
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Well tended gardens make for a nice stop in a busy part of town”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Originally a coffee plantation, this site was purchased in the late 1980's by Venezuela's State oil company (PDVSA) and made into a cultural center. The gardens are exceptionally pretty and make you feel peaceful. The only drawback is the overwhelming political propaganda. Chaves political machinery is at full speed here.

1 Thank RJFEsteves
Caracas, Venezuela
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Grass, surrounded by asphalt”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My review of Centro de Arte La Estancia can be summed up in one anecdote: I was job-seeking in Altamira, and wearing these ballerinas that were murdering both my little toes. I'm talking about blood, people. I had nowhere to sit and try to put a bandaid over them, and then "lightbulb!" (as Gru would put it), I limped my way into La Estancia, sat on a bench, put on the damn bandaids and then walked barefoot on the grass for twenty minutes, before my next interview. I never felt my feet complaining for the rest of the day.
One warning must be made, though: there is yoga classes on the early afternoon Mon-Fri, so if you're looking for peace and quiet (and I know this is ironic, but it's true, these people make a lot of noise), walk a little bit further to Parque del Este.
Also, eating and drinking is not allowed. They're particularly vicious about not eating ANYTHING. Seriously. I was sitting there minding my own incoherent business, and this guard walks up to me and says: "Please put away those cookies, no eating". And I go, "Sir, I'm not eating anything." The man: "Seriously? Oh, sorry." I guess it's just hard to wrap one's head around the fact that a chubby lady sitting around not carrying edible items to her mouth.
The bathrooms were recently re-modeled, and they're gorgeous, so hurry up and visit before my brainless, ignorant fellow-Caraquenios destroy them!

Visited January 2012