“Long wait for service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

And average food for Venezuela , fresh food available everywhere . Menus are ok but quite expensive for such town .

Reviewed May 5, 2012

This is one of the best seafood restaurants of the city, is located on a hill that gives an amazing view of the city, yet is not so far away.

Some dishes are very expensive, i.e. King Crabs legs. but in general prices are OK for a top quality restaurant. Most of the time they have a nice selection of wines.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Some residents of Caracas took us here for a business supper. The restaurant is on the side of a mountain. When we walked in and looked out through the huge glass windows, we saw a panoramic view of the city lights and the valley surrounding it. A breathaking "wow" moment. We were then seated right next to the windows, so it was a constant "show" to watch and enjoy.

I started with a shrimp cocktail and the shrimp were boiled to perfection. Just enough seasoning along with a delicious sauce on the side with flavoring that was new to me. The portion of shrimp was extremely generous and this could have easily been my entree for the evening.

For my entree, I selected a fish called a "mero" which I was told was a grouper. It was broiled to a perfect consistency (which is hard to do with fish sometimes) and the seasoning and presentation was outstanding. And you could tell it was very, very fresh!

For dessert, we shared a frozen banana cake which was good, but not in the same league as the seafood. The waitstaff did an outstanding job - attentive when they needed to be and out of sight when they needed to be.

I would put Oceanico in my top ten of "global" restaurant favorities and would definitely want to return here on my next visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I strongly recommend Oceanico and Atlantico restaurant!

Reviewed July 12, 2011

We went to Oceanico with some friends for dinner, at the beginning everything was ok, they took us to a table with a nice view of the city and they took our order for some proseco. After that everything went wrong, first the waiter took the plate while my wife was eating some bread, then they mix up the order and brought her a dish she did not ordered, finally, when the rest of the guest in the table were almost finished, they brought her the right dish. That night I ordered fettuccini with prawns prepared with green pepper and truffle oil, the sauce ended up being a simple béchamel and did not have even a hint of truffle oil, the rest of the dishes were below average. Not a place I would recommend to my friends.