“BEST HOTEL IN CARACAS”

Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel
Ranked #3 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here in November, best Hotel in Venezuela. The staff was really nice, and the manager who I had the pleasure to see several times walking in the hotel was really nice and kind. The restaurant "Mijao" was really nice I recommed the "Hamburguesa Caraquena" (hamburguer with avocado and caramelized onions). The rooms were very cleand and nice. Also the "Entre Hojas Lounge" was really nice with some music! but the best part were THE DRINKS!
Five stars to this hotel!
Also, the area its the BEST in the city and really good restaurants outside the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel was very good looking and clean. Check-in and check-out was less than 10 minutes. Perfect location. Downside: The towels couldn't be any thinner, they felt very cheap for this kind of hotel.. and the drinks at the lobby bar, were way overpriced!!! Other than that, I would've given this hotel 5 stars!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AFCV
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Expect checkin and checkout to take at least 30mins per person.
Rooms are spacious and clean but there are very few with king size beds. Request top floors or you won't be able to sleep due to traffic.
The sun leaves the pool area by 1pm so get there early. Big gym with plenty of cardio.
Elevators were limited to one so expect delays of 10 mins!
Overall a decent hotel but
It lacks in professional staff and the 5* treatment you would expect.
I recommend the Marriott when staying in Caracas not the Renaissance.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank WyanIbiza
Arianna C, Marketing Executive. Marriott Venezuela at Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear WyanVoyage,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about our Hotel. We´re sorry your experience wasn't at the level of service Renaissance Hotels are known for.
Our Front Desk Department has been notified and we are inmediately working on improving the Check In and Out process. Being aware of experiences like yours allow us to recognize and understand the details that affect a discoverer’s stay.
We are hopeful you will give us the chance to accommodate you once again, as we will make of your experience, a much pleasant one.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

A new, modern hotel, centrally located in the Eastern part of the city in a well concurred street.
The check-in was quite unusual to say the least, they were 3 receptionists, 2 ladies and a male; approached the male who appeared to be available but he ignored me completely for a fair amount of time; when I asked very politely if he could please assist me, his reply was that he was busy and only had 2 hands.
The lobby is OK with a seating area that leads to the banquet area and a bar; the barman was quite pleasant.
The 3 elevators were noisy with unsightly floor doors.
The halls leading to the guest rooms are quite dark; they are painted burnt red as well as quite a few areas of the hotel including one of the walls of the guest rooms.
The room was average in size, with a floor to ceiling window that faced West, which was adequate since those facing East (the street) could be noisy. Even though the hotel is new, the wooden furniture was scratched. The bed was comfortable, a bit on the soft side; the flat TV was new but the reception was quite poor and the choice of channels limited. The bathroom was rather small with an enclosed shower and no bathtub. Few but good quality amenities were provided. The towels were a bit frayed. Some floor tiles were chipped and somewhat unsightly.
Breakfast was disappointing, we had to wait 45 minutes for an a la carte order; after a bit of complaint, the manager personally took care of our order (which had been misplaced).
There are two levels of parking in the basement, a blessing, in a very congested city like Caracas.
Check out was fairly speedy but again the assistants were a bit curt; avoided the male receptionist.
The banquet manager was outstanding and to be complemented, she made up for the shortcomings of the hotel; she was very professional, helpful and pleasant to deal with.
In general service was erratic from very poor to excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West side are quieter; choose upper floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kh445
Arianna C, Marketing Executive. Marriott Venezuela at Renaissance Caracas La Castellana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Kh445,
We do our best to create a lasting impression, an impression that hopefully is positive. We are sorry you encountered a series of unfortunate service interactions; however, I thank you for sharing these experiences - all departments involved have been notified -, allowing us the opportunity to recognize and understand the details that affect a discoverer’s stay.
We are hopeful you will give us the chance to host you again in order to show you the excellent service we are known for and of course, create a new and better impression of the Renaissance Hotel La Castellana Caracas.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are ok but noisy. Hotel is clean. Restaurant is to be improved. Neighborhood is what it... Location is quite central. Staff is friendly! Gold member lobby is to be improved (no big choose of food and drink - breakfast is perfect though!). I would go back if imposed but would prefer to try/experiment another one.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2013

As other reviewers have noted, the Renaissance hotel is in Altamira, one of the safest neighborhoods in Caracas. And while I wouldn't walk alone at night, it seemed safe enough when I was walking with one or two others. I arrived very early in the morning. I had booked a room for the night before to ensure that I had a place to rest after my overnight flight and made it clear in the reservation that I was going to arrive in the morning. That detail apparently got lost and I was listed as a no-show. However, the front desk staff was very accommodating and I was given a room right away. The room was fine. Nothing fancy but it was clean, everything worked well, and the bed was very comfortable. As a Marriott Gold Elite member, I had access to the Executive Club. Great hors d'oeuvres in the evening, fantastic breakfast, extremely friendly staff. Only downside was the cost for a glass of wine - about $30 per glass - ouch! Gym and pool area very nice - good view of city and mountains. My only complaint is that the hotel restaurant has limited options. Also, I had to wait far too long for a lunch order and was nearly late for my afternoon meetings (I was told it was coming in 2 minutes for about 15 minutes). But overall, the hotel was a good choice.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gwynne1
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went to Caracas for a wedding and we were told how dangerous that city was. When we arrived, we found we were staying in one of the safest neighborhoods. There are several good restaurants, a big shopping center and a McDonald's at walking distance, feeling you're safe most of the time. The hotel is brand new, with american or european highest standards of service and quality. Nice bar with DJ in the main floor. Annoying knocking on the doors from room service at 8:30am. Make sure you place the "I want to sleep" tag on your door. Excellent pick overall.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends