See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 1, 2013

In Feb 2013 I had the pleasure of visiting Caracas. I contacted Nelson who in a nutshell, gave me total peace of mind. He organised a pickup contact which was one less worry. The original plan was to spend a night at his place but as he did not have a room for me, he very kindly sorted out an Hotel at no extra cost, which was perfect. He was then able to help with my local money and give me some excellent advice. He stayed in constant communication and organised my tour to The Angel Falls. I would most definitely recommend Nelson for any stay in Caracas. Simon - UK

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank SImonP186262
Reviewed March 2, 2013

caracas is a bit tricky, but with nelson's help it is very manageable. nelson helps you in ways that hotels will not. he provides fair currency exchange, and he is genuinely concerned about the safety of his guests. he will help you decide exactly which places to visit and when, and how to navigate the city safely.

bolivares are useless outside venezuela, so you do not want too many with leftovers when you leave. nelson exchanged dollars/bolivares as i needed them, which was a tremendous convenience.

there are nicer places to stay i am sure, but the value of safe and reliable airport pickup, currency exchange, and security advice from an english speaker, make nelsons place a spectacular value. also his place is very near the metro station, making the city very accessible, basically for free. i told him he should raise prices for his place, but he wasnt interested, he really is motivated not by the money, but by the desire to be helpful to travelers.

terrific place to stay and i would stay definitely stay again. thanks nelson.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Martin G
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I decided to visit some friends in Caracas at the very last minute. I contacted Nelson to book a stay in his apartment but unfortunately the place was not available. However, Nelson arranged everything for me and even got me a very good hotel in Altamira practically at the 11th hour, for which I'm extremely thankful. Nelson is, hands down, the best host you will find in Caracas. He and his driver, Luis, are both 100% recommendable, and you will definitely get extra peace of mind using their services.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Nothing beats Nelson's Place. It was clean and spacious. There was a full kitchen and a dining room with a television. Our room was nice and cool, with a computer for us to use. But best of all, is Nelson's hospitality. He took us all over Caracas and showed us things. If we had been left to our own, we wouldn't have know where it wouldn't be a good idea for us to visit. Nelson made our time in Caracas!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mschindelheim
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed with Nelson for 3 nights when we first arrived in Venezuela. The 5 rating is really for Nelson himself as it wouldn't matter if he was offering a cardboard box it would be worthwhile for the peace of mind!

His apartment is spacious and there is a basic kitchen, bathroom and air-conditioning. It is located in a secure apartment building in the midst of shops and restaurants.

It was a great intro to Venezuela which can be daunting with all the travel warnings. Nelson went out of his way to help us get settled, and was a lovely host along with his wife Sara.

I highly recommend the driver service as Caracas airport is pretty intense to arrive into. It was a huge relief to know that someone was going to look after us at that point.

Please note: You need to bring enough US$ for your entire trip in Venezuela. Do not plan to use your credit card or money card at all as you will only get half the rate! Bring enough cash and exchange on the black market, Venezuela is an expensive place but it will be twice as expensive if you try to use your cards.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple