“Caracas can be a nice place to stay”
Review of Nelson's Place

Nelson's Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caracas
Nelson's Place
Ranked #3 of 17 Caracas B&B and Inns
Vantaa, Finland
“Caracas can be a nice place to stay”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

You can have a safe and pleasant stay at Caracas if you have the right information available - Nelson has this knowledge!

We stayed for three nights at Caracas without any problems. Nelson arranged transportation from/to the airport for us, using his own trusted driver. With Nelsons help we got a hotel in a good neighborhood. You also get very valuable information where to go (or not to go) and good tips about places to visit during your stay at the city.

I wouldn’t recommend visiting Caracas without prior knowledge of the city and good Spanish skills. Unless you have someone like Nelson who can arrange a hotel at Caracas (and even in Isla de Margarita), book domestic flights for you, provide safe transportation etc.!

You get very good service from Nelson in fluent English. Without Nelson it could have been a very different kind of experience for us to visit Venezuela (and Caracas). We were quite positively surprised and almost all of our expectations about Caracas proved to be wrong – it was much better place than we expected.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed October 3, 2011

If you are looking for someone to support you in everything in Caracas... you are looking for Nelson!!! The place, the services, and specially the PERSON... the best options ever!!! I had great times with Nelson and Sara, his girlfriend, during my stay this weekend in Venezuela. They made my trip better than I imagined! So, if you need anything in Caracas... a place, a driver, a mobile phone, a tour guide, and, what it's better, a FRIEND, feel free to contact NELSON!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank JujuVerissimo
Tomsk, Russia
Reviewed September 4, 2011

On my way to Quito I had to stay in Caracas for one night for further flight, I was afraid a little of staying in the place that I don´t know and that is a kind of dangerous for gringos travelling alone.And I didn´t speak Spanish. In Tripadvisor I found a person who seemed to know much of staying in Caracas and I read his advices for travellers which seemed to me reasonable.Morover, he owned an appartment in the center of Caracas and in addition a taxi waiting for me at the airport was possoble. I connected with Nelven ( it is his nickname on Tripadvisor) , paid his in advance and....yes, I was a little bit nervous.
But there was no need to worry about. At the day of my arrival ( a long trip Moscow- Frankfurt -Caracas) i was met by his taxi driver and safely got to Nelson's place which occured to be an appartment with a dining room, kitchen and a sleeping room and and bathroom with hot water ( travellers to South America know that often hot water is not awailable. In addition , TV and even a computer with wi-fi was available! I was met by Nelson himself who helped me to change money on tourist rate. I spent a night at this comfortable place and next day safely went to the aiport ! On my way back home I with no doubt will stay with Nelson's Place again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank LeLok
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed May 9, 2011

First I want to start with that Caracas is not a destination for un-experienced travelers. But if you are going, stay here. I can almost guarantee that it’s nowhere else (hotels etc) that you will get that much help and information.

I ended up traveling to Caracas because I had to have a overnight stay there anyhow. Nelson was among the first I contacted, but there was booked on the dates I was going there. So I started sending request to the hotels etc. in Caracas. I sent to apx. 25-30 of them, only 6 answered, and only 2-3 answered the things I actually asked about. So if Nelsons room hadn’t become available, I would probably have done as my friends with traveling experience advised me to, and canceled the whole stay. Instead I had a great weekend there, and learned A LOT about Venezuela and Caracas.

Great service all the way, from the pick-up service to all the info he provided me. He even provided me with a Venezuelan telephone, how many hotels do that? And when we/he discovered that there was gone be a Shakira concert in Caracas while I was there, he helped me get the tickets, how many hotels do you think would have done that? In Latin America?? And so the list goes on, this is the place to stay if you want to experience how Venezuela works.

Generally very very pleased, definitely among the most interesting holidays I have ever had (much due to Nelson). Good internet connection, plenty of shops, and pretty much everything you need in the area. If I should point out something that I’m not happy with, to prove that this isn’t an advertise for Nelson, it must be that it’s no safe, or any other possibility to lock in your stuff away in the room. And because of that have to rely on the other you live with are honest and don’t fool around with, or steal your things. I didn’t have any problems, the only things I got stolen was by the Venezuelan customs. But Nelson, get a safe :)

Once again, Caracas is not a place to go if you don’t know a bit about how places like this works. So do your homework and follow Nelsons advice and you will probably be fine. With his advisement's, this is probably the safest place to be staying in Caracas.

• Liked — All the info.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Sailor82
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Booking a room and the airport pick up at nelson´s place is maybe the best choice you can make, if you arriving in Caracas and you don´t want to leave the city as soon as possible like some tourists use to do it during their holiday in Venezuela. Nelson is very helpful and even after hundreds of questions you asked him at any hour of the day, he always stayed nice. He really gives you a good update for the city. He gives you good advices, so you can enjoy the city. Even their might be some moments you feel uncomfortable in the city it´s worth to stay for a few days. We spend a whole day in the museums, which are all free at “bellas artes “, seeing lot families in “parque del este caracas” on a Sunday also working out together and what´s really nice is to go to “el hatillo” for an afternoon. The apartment is clean, you feel save and it´s good located.

Room Tip: visit his homepage and make a reservation