“Very Poor service”

Ranked #62 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
A TripAdvisor Member
Caracas
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Very poor service. Breakfast horrible. Not good. Items not fresh. I will not repeat. Waiters not clean during the breakfast service. Breakfast opened 12 miutes late. Items were not prepared for the opening.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in October 2012, and the experience left me wishing for a better review about this particular hotel, it lacks everything for what it does charge, they did charge me one extra day and when I stated the same in the presence of the Front Desk Supervisor I was told no I was not overcharged and yet when I got back home and went over all charged and paid, was supreised indeed to confirm that they had indeed collected one extra night.

For starters I had prepaid 5 nights and when I checked in was sent to their worst rooms at the mezanine level or so they called it, floors all filthy, shower all full of gunk, and stained with God knows what....I called front desk and as stated as a favor they sent me to a floor on the 1st level....Terrible indeed, then there was the restaurant, which was not even billed through front desk either, and from comments they could not disagree more.....Then there was the issue of the owner of the restaurant charging two separate entrees for one served just becuase it was improvised so I paid two plates for one ordered to compensate.

In all a terrible experience and the only good thing about the whole experience was the fact that the hotel is smack in the center of main offices for International companies in Caracas.

Room Tip: I would not dare recommend after my experince there....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Omar L
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was worried when my company put me here after seeing such demonizing reviews but after 10 days as a guest here is the balance score card:

ROOM

spacious and shower has good pressure, dcoration also acceptable, kinky mirror placement but this used to be a vertical motel before so there... Also, not enough closet space or even drawes for that matter.

TV is old so must change it but lots of channels there, freege is filled.

Wifi works fine but bring your soap and shampoo, this one is crappy.

SERVICE

All service in Caracas is questionable and here is no different but I found out this week they respond better with tips ($) Who knew!! Think NY without tips and see how nice you will be treated. Same here but Here 10 bolivars will go far.

Room service is Ok and also breakfast but you get expresos for no extra charge.

A big "-" is that on Sat and Sunday, the room service is flaky or non existent.

LOCATION

La rosal is in Chacao, best and safest county in VNZ so that is a plus. The Cafe Gourmt down 300 feet is awesome and worth checking out anytIme of the day or evening. Parque del leste is 3Km away soa taxi should cost about $5 or 35 minutes warmup walk, opens at 5:30 am so go run there.

Room Tip: Roms ending with 8 are best b/c they are away from the noise in the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Hotel structure is very poor.
- Phone lines and internet NEVER working well.
- Didnot received my phone messages left with front desk people.
- After the first night, I had to change the room: the floor was dirty, long hairs inside the towels ( should be new towels) and too much noise ..
- Breakfast poor and the waiters use to take too long to replace the foods.Long time waiting!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Arrived early 9:30am was told we could not check in early because hotel check in time was at 3:00pm so we had to walk about town until.
There was a serious lack in reception where the individual did not care to welcome the guest. The worst was the room with its glass toilet no privacy as i was with my friend just on a weekend trip I had to have him leave the room until I was finished. The safe in the room does not work and items in the mini bar are very much over priced. I wanted the service of a concierge dispite having a desk he or she was never there. No service, I asked for a map of the city only to be told that they do not have any, I walked over to the Marriott where I was handed one and given advice on things to see and do in an instant.

Room Tip: just do not stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Perhaps my expectation was set really low after reading these dismal reviews. Quick points:

1) Room quality: I booked a standard room. It was fine. The bed was actually quite comfortable. No I didn't go over it with a black light. But the mattress was great. We had A/C but didn't use it, the weather was great. Overall the room was a bit small, but manageable for a night or two. We had a fully stocked mini-bar, lots of English channels (including Bloomberg for business guys), and in-room Internet.

2) Connectivity. Internet was great. Skype called with no problems.

3) Breakfast. Just fine. Some fruit, some arepas, a few pastries, etc.

4) Gym. Man I haven't seen a bowflex in years. But it was pretty cool. Some dumbbells, a treadmill too.

5) Location. Good. Easy to find, the taxi driver knew exactly where it was. About a block from the JW Marriott. It's about 20-30 minutes to the airport in so-so traffic.

6) Service. This was my only negative. It wasn't bad... just a little bit slow and bureaucratic. The people are nice, but they stick to procedure. Viva la revolucion.

7) Price/value. I think I paid under $200. Given the market rate in the area, this seemed a bit underpriced, so I was happy with the experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jomo m
Reviewed September 29, 2011

All around bad. Nothing major but many small things that just bug you.... especially for 195USD a night.

One night stay gave me the following observations:

- when I arrived I was told there were no rooms. I went on Expedia.com and booked it and they "let me in but were "upset at me for doing it and told me I should not do it like that". Not a good start.

- Room was not "finished".... furniture damaged, many light switches that dont work, paint on walls where it shoudlnt be. No big deal just not a feeling of attention to details.

- in room safe does not work

- Ordered room service but there was no menu in the room. I had to guess.

- room service showed up without a tray... so had to carry each item in. Food was not good.

- Lack of respect for guests.... the hotel was doing construction with a lot of noise until 1:15am. When I asked at midnight they said "only 30 mins more sir". crazy.

- Shower water spills out onto the floor.

- I needed to pay cash for room service... couldnt charge to room as they are "separate".

- No wifi in room

- A friend visited and they did not notify me when she asked them. She was waiting in lobby until I decided to see if she had arrived.

All in all a general lack of service and details.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Try Eurobuilding (it still has its service issues but better).
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo