“Good hotel but excessive price for the quality You get”

Pestana Caracas Premium City & Conference Hotel
Ranked #13 of 86 Hotels in Caracas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The positive thing is that is good located in the most safe area of Caracas, and this is really important in this city.
unfortunately, like all the hotels in this area, the price you pay is absolutely exaggerated.
I pay less than half this price to stay in the best castle in Ireland, treated like a king!!!
here you are not treated like a king at all, and for sure not worthy the price.
Rooms are quite old and the whole hotel need lot of work.
just enough to have a safe sleep in a clean environment.... but You expect much more for what You pay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Maurizio G
There are newer reviews for Pestana Caracas Premium City & Conference Hotel

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Although billed as a 5-star hotel, this hotel is truly ordinary. We arrived on a Saturday night, and decided to dine from room service: there is one desk chair and one living room deep chair. When room service cam, they brought two trays, apparently it was their policy not to bring a small dining table nor a second chair. We ate half on the bed and half on the desk; uncomfortable at best. No carpeting, just imitation wood floors. No sense of luxury; and the price was very high for what it was

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peter J
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I had our Wedding in Caracas on Dec 29, 2012 and all of our 20 guests from US stayed at the Pestana Hotel, Caracas. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and helpful throughout the 1-2 weeks that we were all there. Every morning at Hotel Pestana you were greeted by very friendly staff. The buffet breakfast is not your standard run of the mill buffets. They have 5 star status food and drinks with traditional local dishes including my favorite arepas, as well as fresh squeezed OJ and Watermelon (NOT FROM CONCENTRATE). There is a great Bar by the lobby that serves the most amazing Passion Fruit Mojitos and Caipirinhas! The roof bar is great for hanging out during the day and catching the sun or relaxing at night. Fridays there is great DJ jamming out to local Latin music where you can practice your salsa moves. Our wedding reception was at the Pestana Hotel as well and I would recommend anyone having a wedding to look into the Pestana Hotel, Caracas, to house your guests and to host your wedding reception. Our wedding reception went let into the night and all the staff was very accommodating to our guests. Over 120 guests in total was at our reception and the staff did an incredible job with food preparation, and drinks for all of us. We are so thankful to have had the opportunity to have our guests stay at the Pestana Caracas and have our wedding reception there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wschulz33
Reviewed March 3, 2013

the pool has unreal views of the misty tropic avila mountains. everything else about the place is quite average. loved the tiny business centre with latin soundtrack from the social functions downstairs :^D

Room Tip: the air conditioners are noisy in some rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank zeynep a
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The pros of this hotel are the location, close to subway for those like me daring to ride it sometimes to the office, good restaurants nearby (Blue Sushi being my favorite), the property is fairly new so the fixtures and flat screen tv won’t make you feel like you are back in the 50’s like other hotels I have stayed in this town, there is a sign at the lobby that claims it opened in 2008 and it seems about accurate. The TV has a very broad channels selection too and I have enjoyed the fact that the bathroom had a window to the room area that made it possible to watch tv and even have natural sunlight in the bathroom and tub.
The cons would be the lack of WiFi in the rooms, it is only available in the pool and gym (rooftop) and lobby (ground level). Another incident was when on Sunday Feb-17 at around 3PM my wife called me in the room and when later I had to call the front desk too and it always took a very long time before someone would pick up the phone up. In one occasion I counted being on hold for 45 minutes and gave up before someone picked up, it amazes me that in many hotels in South America, this one included, they have 3 to 4 guys standing in the check in area, ready to grab your luggage, in my case a very light carryon and a backpack, and stroll it to your room and they make a very strong point in carrying it which is in my opinion absolutely unnecessary, and at the same property, at the same time, there is no one capable of picking up a phone call. I guess answering phones do not bring tips along. The pool area is very small, therefore the place was slammed. And by slammed, I don't mean "really full", I mean it is so crowded that you have to stand still in the water under risk of hitting someone if you do any movements, no space to lay down or take a sunbath too. I don’t recommend the supermarket across the street from the hotel, it will take you 45min no matter how small or simple you purchase is, the “fast lanes” do not help either.

Room Tip: Higher level rooms give you a better view of "El Avila" mountain and you can grab the pool...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank andytravelerrr
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here 7 nights and this is what I have to say positive about it: Hotel staff fairly friendly and helpful - which is saying a lot considering this is Caracas we are talking about here. The roof pool/bar/view are nice. it's in a decent neighborhood. That's about it.

This hotel is struggling to get to an 'average' rating. My room was old, worn out, and not cleaned well. There was mold in the shower. My first day, person in room next to me left room service plate in hallway and when it was picked up several french fries fell off and were on the floor in hallway. It took 4 days - yes, 4 days - for any of the cleaning staff to pick them up.

The sofa chairs in the lobby area are stained.

The internet in the room sucks.

The breakfast is quantity over quality (in my opinion) - but it did appear a lot of other guests were enjoying it, so maybe it was just me.

What else can I say? Pretty average place at best. Sort of sums of Caracas itself.

(Next time I will stay at the Marriott, where I stayed before. It too is overpriced, but at least Marriott conforms to international standards and norms on hotel cleanliness).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank sampa01425
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am frequent traveler to Caracas. So far this is my second choice for all the place I had been. Not all rated at TA.
The Hotel is nice located on a site street. Supermarket in front and restaurants in walking distance. Staff friendly to distant ( a Mix you find more often after the government influence in education and their behavior towards foreigners (U.S. and NON U.S. – all called capitalists -sorry!)
Nice service and good restaurant. Rooms are cozy appointed and cared for - You sense the European Franchise affiliation!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business