All reviews great rooftop bar avila mountain top floor city pros
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I should have listen to fellow reviewers and never stay at this terrible place. Let me start with positives. Location is quite convenient and from exterior it looks like a nice hotel. Always several staff looking at you and greeting. That's how far positive goes. Inefficient and long check-in. Be aware this hotel is using unfortunately more and more popular routine to charge entire amount at check-in and then charge it once again at check-out. It takes several days however to release the initial pre-authorisation, so you may end up with cash flow problems. Rooms are very basic, looks like American motels or Europe B&B from 70's. Definitely not 5 star, hardly 2 if any at all. A/C does not work. Bathrooms are very basic and during the whole 5 days stay I had problems every day to get the amenities refiled. Bed is hard as floor and similar with pillows. Three is a gym on the 17th floor but dont expect much, very basic and only 2 treadmills, so you may end up waiting for long time. I got excited about roof swimming pool on 18th floor, but that unfortunately is open from 9 till 5am which makes it impossible to use for business traveller. After some discussions with hotel responsible I was just told that it will not change, as the 18th floor is also home for a roof bar with hookers and that is more important for hotel management then some pool. Well I guess everyone has it's priorities. Breakfast is Ok'ish, but annoying is the fact that they take away your plates before you are able to finish. We been waiting some 10min for coffee refil one day and finally gave up. Checkout was long and painful, similar experience as some of my fellow travellers here. Overall not worth the money and not recommended.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing backyard as streets gets very noisy night time and higher floor if you want to have chance to access WiFi
Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Lilind
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Hotels in Caracas have become overpriced and lacking good service, but this place was awful and expensive. The rugs in the rooms dirty, walls dirty, smelly hallways. We booked 2 rooms. In one of them the AC did work well. We complained to the front desk and just got the runaround, I was never able to talk to a manager. They sent water and desserts to our room to try to appease us. However, the quality and service of this hotel does not meet the 4 star hotel rating they claim.

Date of stay: June 2012
4  Thank karlswede
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I recently spent 3 nights at the Pestana Hotel in Caracas. The hotel is well located and on a relatively safe area in Caracas. The lobby and the 18th floor Bar are the highlights of this hotel. The rooms have a good size, but they are dirty, the hallway has plastered walls with no paints and dirty carpets. The Shower was clogged and dirty. The A/C did not work properly (I did reported to the front desk without any luck). The Desk chair in the room has unidentified stains, the walls on the room had black stains probably from suitcases. The hotel charges $245 dollars a night (Corporative Rate???). There has to be better options in Caracas for this price.

Date of stay: May 2012
4  Thank elector
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Food is the best and the best spot is the roof bar..enjoy the cold wine and the quality of attention. Close to malls and the park

Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My stay at the Pestana can basically be summarized into one word: "meh". First the good part: the hotel is well located and the neighbourhood is more or less safe. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and I have no complaints about them. The hotel itself though is a bit of a let down: my room looked like it desperately needed a paint job and the bathroom fixtures seemed to be the originals from 1974. At one point I needed a clothes iron and found none in my room: I called 3 times over the span of an hour and was promised that one was "on the way" until they finally admitted that they were having trouble locating one. The gym didn't really leave much to be desired although the roof-top pool was nice. In the need I found it hard to justify the value when I've stayed in Hiltons and Marriots and the like that are far nicer. If I were you I'd continue to look elsewhere for better value.

Date of stay: April 2012