“Worst Hotel EVER!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Margarita Village

Margarita Village
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Porlamar
Trinidad
“Worst Hotel EVER!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel from the 15th - 19th Dec 2013. My first impression of this place, its sooo outdated and old! The rooms were moldy and the tiles were disgusting!!! the handle on the door was always giving trouble to open and close. The staff was not very helpful they didn't understand a word of english except for one guy who only came in at 10:30pm at night. One of the nights there was a centipede in the room and we went to reception to complain about it and they sent a guy to kill it! but that was a wast of time as he was NO HELP at all it seemed to me that it was normal to have those things around.The food was bland as almost everyday it was basically the same thing over and over!!.The housekeeping staff stole items from a couple of my friends bags!! we complained that stuff was missing nothing was done to ensure that our stuff was safe!! This Hotel is the worst ever!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! will NEVER make the mistake of returning to this hotel again and we travel to Margarita often.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank michelle m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kingstown, St. Vincent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I travelled to Porlamar last year with a group of students and stayed at this hotel. The rooms were terrible. It became so bad that at one point in time 3 of my students had to share one bed and the others slept on the floor. I was disgusted. There was no hot water, for the month that we stayed there the towels were only changed once and we received no meals from the hotel. The secretary was very dishonest by charging us more than we should have paid per phone call to call home to our families. The stove-tops were a waste because we weren't able to cook anything; everyday we had to resort to the CM for quick food and breakfast. However, I must say the pool was the only thing my students and I enjoyed. Que Lastima!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Livia H

Travelers are raving about these Porlamar hotels

Trinidad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed in the village section of the resort from May30 to June02 2013. I liked the layout & the grounds were well kept. Our room was clean & towels & soap were replaced everyday. However, the buildings were old & amenities outdated. We had to jiggle the door handle quite a bit in order to open it, it's a good thing we didn't have an emergency & need to leave in a hurry! The light bulbs were dim, leaving the room fairly dark even in the daytime. The AC unit & fan were very noisy. There was no phone in our room or at reception available for us to use. Instead we had to walk to a shopping centre 5mins away or beg a staff member to use his cellphone. There was also no wifi service available despite a sign advertising free wifi near the reception area.
The dining area was open air, which posed a problem as birds would sometimes fly in & peck at people's plates. Meals were generally pork or beef based & there were few options for vegetarians. The same utensils & grill were used for different kinds of meat at the same time, which could be problematic for those with various dietary restrictions. I did appreciate though that the chef made an attempt to accommodate the many Trinidadian guests by cooking chicken on our third day there.
There was entertainment on only one of the nights we were there, so if that's something you're looking for in a hotel I'd suggest you look elsewhere.
Taxi drivers were conveniently available at the front of the hotel. I found the security guards & drivers to be generally pleasant & helpful. The receptionist, less so.
Overall, I would not book this hotel again or recommend it to anyone unless serious renovations are made to the amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank raeb23
tobago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I visit Margarita quite often. I stay in Margarita International Resort every time I go there. Every time I go I see changes- be it food, acommodation or staff. This August was one to remember. I had a very comfortable room. Although the Hotel had a lot of people, the housekeeping staff made sure and cleaned the rooms properly changing towels and all that. The food was extremely delicious. Effort was made by the kitchen staff to make the guests happy. Even if the staff who does the omelet did not reach to work on time someone would just fit in. Front Office staff, Tanya, was extremely helpful despite the fact that I do not know too much of their language. Bero and Monica were very kind. They helped in giving us a perfect room. The security has improved quite a lot. HATS OFF TO MARGARITA INTERNAL RESORT AND A VERY DEDICATED STAFF. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sylvia m
Fonrose Village, Nariva, Trinidad and Tobago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in 2011 and I really had a good time except for one thing I do not eat pork and pork was in everything. I went back this year from the 4th Aug to 8th Aug and the place was a mess. No clean towel, using one spoon to serve the difference food items and no one understanding English and worst no phone service and WiFi service.

Room Tip: if you only speak English, and you cell do not work, and you do not eat certain foods. Go somewhere...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joanne P
Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

it was okay. quiet place to chill no disturbance good pools but no wifi . it was okay thats the truth the towels changed everyday clean rooms and other cool stuff freindly staff .i enjoyed my self very well good security gaurds freindly and all ppl safe and cool all the time wonderful view good buses most of the time i loved this place and i am willin to return someday soon i dont kno when but very soon

Room Tip: the tenth floor is the best room 10/13 and 10/14 !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kabrina B
Barbados
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family and I has been visiting Isla de Margarita since 2006 sometimes 3 times a year, we always stay at Margarita International Resort and we always have our breakfast,lunch and dinner at the Village.It has been a wonderful experience, very professional staff, very friendly, the rooms and always clean, food is excellent, I would recommend there to any one.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank CarolynVickers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Porlamar
Maloka Hotel Boutique & Spa
#11 of 24 in Porlamar
IKIN Margarita Hotel & Spa
IKIN Margarita Hotel & Spa
#13 of 91 in Margarita Island

Been to Margarita Village? Share your experiences!